always December (Lava)

Tw: depression, mention of sh

PoV Cole
I carefully ran my fingers through his fluffy brown hair and sipped at my punch. Nya made very good punch, by the way.

Kai put his cup aside and cuddled into my chest.

"Do you like December babe", he asked, softly petting my hoodie like a cat would.

"Well, I guess so! I like Christmas", I replied a little surprised.

My boyfriend nodded slowly. Then he looked up at me and stated: "I don't like December, because it never goes away"

"How so?", I asked.

"It's always December in me. No matter where I go, it's pouring rain. In my head seasons never change and it's killing me. Tried so hard to be brave, but the reasons this lifе is worth living get hard to remembеr when it's always December", he sighed.

I pulled us up a bit, so I could hold him more tightly.

"I'll make sure you see the summer sun again", I sighed.

Kai cuddled into me carefully.

I looked at his black sleeves.

Nobody was in the living room with us, so I put my cup away, carefully pushed Kai up and slid down to kneel in front of him.

I folded my hands on his knees and smiled up at him.

Kai looked irritated, but didn't question me.

I sighed. "Are they healing well?", I asked very softly.

Kai nodded and pulled his sleeve up.

The cuts he had created a while ago where almost fully healed, thick reddish lines on white skin.

I took his arm, turned it around and kissed the biggest one. The one that had almost taken my Kai away some weeks ago.

Kai stared at me in shock, then with tears in his eyes.

"Cole", he sniffed.

I stood up, pulled his sleeve down and leaned down so my face was only inches away from his.

"I'm not letting it kill you. You're to precious and way to important.", I said softly, then kissed him with all my passion and love.

Kai kissed back quickly, wrapping his arms around my neck.

Damn, I love this man and I won't let December take him.

Soon he was laying on my chest again, snoring softly, while I was just finishing my punch.

Suddenly I heard a click sound.

I looked up to see the team, Jay had raised his phone and probably taken a picture.

I didn't care. I stroked Kai's cheek with a warm smile and let them come over.

"Is he asleep?", Nya whispered and kneeled in front of us.

"Judging by how much he's drooling on my sweater...yes", I chuckled.

Nya smiled.

"And send", Jay smirked and showed me the pic in the group chat. I smiled tiredly.

And soon I was asleep too.