Love Confession (Greenflame)

"Kai, do you wanna play truth or dare with us?", Jay asked.

Kai rolled his eyes.

"You mean that game where Cole and you make me do awkward things and where you ask things about my fucked up childhood? No thanks.", he replied.

Cole huffed while Jay whined: "Come on, it'll be fun. Even Nya and Lloyd are joining us!"

"Jay. I said no and I meant it.", Kai said clearly, before leaving them to play.

The game went on and on and the bottle turned and turned.

Everytime they didn't want to say or do something they had to take a sip of liquor.

After one and a half hour everyone except for Cole and Zane was drunk.

Nya and Jay were fooling around in a corner and the tipsy Cole pointed at Lloyd.

"Dare, green bean. Tell Kai you love him more than just a friend."

Lloyd laughed happily.

Then he got up and left the room.

Cole followed him with his phone camera raised.

~~~
Kai had just finished taking a shower.

He put a comfy pair of pants and a red hoodie on.

After looking at himself in the mirror, his hair still damp, he smiled.

Suddenly a knock on the door stopped him from admiring his reflection.

Kai opened the door to reveal a surprisingly steady Lloyd.

"Hey greeny, what's up? Are you done playing games?", Kai asked, leaning against the door lazily.

The door swung open a little bit further and knocked him to the floor.

Kai cursed under his breath.

"Kai, I wanted to tell you something, I", Lloyd stopped to help Kai up.

Then he gazed up into those brownish, almost amber eyes.

Kai was nervous.

He always was when he was around the green Ninja.

Lloyd looked at the ground, hiding a smile.

"Kai, I love you. Like, really", he brought out.

Kai held his breath for a few seconds.

This couldn't be happening, right?

Then Lloyd leaned in to kiss him.

Kai kissed back carefully, wrapping his arms around Lloyd.

Cole filmed everything from his hiding spot.

When Lloyd pulled away, Kais eyes were filled with love. Real love.

"Well, I love you too Lloyd Garmadon.", Kai smiled.

Cole swallowed thickly.

~~~
The next day Lloyd couldn't look Kai in the eye.

He wished he would have had more alcohol so he could just forget what happened.

Kai noticed that Lloyd was avoiding him all day.

"Lloyd, are you okay? Do you want to talk?", the red Ninja finally asked, pulling Lloyd aside.

Lloyd swallowed thickly.

"Kai, it was a dare. Cole thought it'd be funny. I'm really sorry and if I wouldn't have been so drunk", Lloyd stopped mid sentence.

Kai was staring at him, pressing his lips together.

Fire swallowed his hand.

"Is there a problem?", Cole asked, coming over.

Kai stared at him, tears streaming down his face.

"You really think this is funny huh? I didn't want to play for a reason!", the master of fire yelled, his voice shaking.

Then he turned to face Lloyd.

"and you. I'm very disappointed in you. Didn't think you'd ever play with my feelings like this"

Then he ran off.

Lloyd tried to run after him, but Cole grabbed him by the shoulder and shook his head.

"We're calling the Sensei."

"No, I'm going after him now. I can fix it, I have to!", the green Ninja sighed.

~~~

Kai was caught between tears and rage, so he basically almost burned his room down. Luckily almost everything was fire proof.

Eventually Kai fell to his knees, sobbing his heart out.

"I knew it, he will never love me like that!", the red Ninja brought out between sobs.

Suddenly a knock on the door caught his attention.

"Go *sniff* away!", Kai yelled.

Lloyd entered the room anyway.

The green Ninja took a deep breath, then get on his knees in front of Kai.

"Kai, I'm sorry. I really am. I'm sorry that I don't feel that way towards you. I'm sorry that I don't love you"

Kai carefully took Lloyd's face in his hands.

"That's not your fault. We don't choose who we love. But if I would get to choose I'd always choose to love you."