burrito (lavashipping)

PoV Cole
Kai was mad at me and I honestly understood.

He had been looking forward to spending an evening with me and watch the final episode of our favorite show together, but I didn't make it in time, because of my work.

When I had entered the living room, the episode was over and Kai was sitting on the couch.

When he saw me, he stood up and walked out of  the room without a word.

I turned the TV off and cleaned up a bit. "I'm really sorry.", I said loudly.

No answer.

"There has been an emergency and they wouldn't let me leave. I'm sorry.", I repeated.

Still no answer.

I sighed sadly, ran a hand through my hair and was about to get mad too, when he called: "You fucking promised. You promised!" And his voice sounded so weak, so broken, that I realized he was crying.

I searched for him for a little while, until I found him in our bed.

He was curled up into a ball, covering his face with a blanket. Kai didn't like showing emotions like this.

I lay down next to him and tried to hug him, but he crawled away from me.

"Kai, I am sorry. What else do you want me to say?!", I said a bit to loud.

Kai shrugged and stood up.

"How was the final?", I sighed, trying to cheer him up.

"Shitty. They killed my favorite character." my husband growled.

"Oh no! Kai, please don't punish me like this.", I whispered sadly.

"You should just stop promising things, Brookstone. You always break them anyway."

I bit my lip. Did I fuck up this time?

I needed to make this up to him.

"I'll be in the kitchen...", I sighed.

Usually Kai what join me in the kitchen as soon as he smelled the food, but this time he didn't.

I made cacao, his favorite kind, and pudding. He loved the plain vanilla flavored, but I knew that when he was upset, Kai preferred strawberry.

That's because he didn't have to share strawberry pudding and his mother used to make it for him when he was little.

I also got some cookies put of the jar and put everything on a tray, then I went to search for Kai.

I found him in our bedroom again, so I put the stuff down.

Then I just scooped him up and dropped him onto the blanket sideways.

"Whar are you-", Kai started, but I think he understood already. I still answered:

"Making a Kai-burrito."

I rolled him into the blanket, then got down next to him, to pull the burrito against my chest.

"This was a trap, wasn't it?", he growled.

"It's a force cuddle. Please stop being so mad at me, I really am so sorry and I love you so much.", I mumbled into his neck.

Kai suddenly sniffed the air.

"You made pudding?", he then asked, smiling softly.

"Strawberry flavor. Also, cacao and I got you cookies.", I said softly.

"Wrap me out. I'll inspect your offer.", Kai ordered. I listened without complaining.

"You must feel really guilty...", Kai whispered, but I heard it.

"I do. I wanted to watch the final with you.", I replied.

Suddenly Kai tackled me to the sheets.

"I accept your apology. Just, could you please be there for the final of the next season?"