Ula Ula island pre trial

We now see Ash and Y/n both on a boat towards Ula Ula island. The two trainers were heading there to complete their Ula Ula island grand trial. Y/n was on his phone texting Lillie when Archie tapped him in his shoulder.
Y/n:What's up buddy?
Archie:We're here.
The trainer looks up from his phone and sees that the boat has docked at Ula Ula island.
Y/n:Oh we are ok
Y/n(texting Lillie) :We are at Ula Ula now. Speak to you later.
He outs his phone away into his pocket and they get off. They then walk down the dock and make their way through the island. After about 10 minutes they arrived at the Ula Ula police station. Kukuihaele told them earlier that the island kahuna would be here. They walked up there only to find a horde of Alolan Meowths. This was when People decided it would a good idea to spray ink into them which only served to anger them as the Meowths Attacked the two trainers.
Y/n:I am just a bystander!
Ash:Ow!
Rotom Dex:Poipole who started this?!
Y/n:Rockruff use rock throw!
Rockruff is released from his ball as he sends small stone that attack each other the grey cats sending them off the two trainers.
???:What is with all the commotion?
They turn around to see a grey haired man who is wearing a black officer uniform and seems extremely tired. He wore a dark red shirt underneath the unbuttoned uniform and a pendant with what seemed to be a z crystal.

Y/n:Wait a minute you're Nanu aren't you? Nanu:What no

Nanu:What no. You must be thinking of my colleague. He is off on duty at the moment.
Y/n:Don't lie to me. I remember you when my Mom took me to Ula Ula island on business and you got stuck taking care of me.
Nanu stops to think.
Flashback.
We see a  younger Olivia around the age of 20.

She has with her a small child at the age of five and a small Archen on his shoulder

She has with her a small child at the age of five and a small Archen on his shoulder. She is here in business to do with her jewelry shop but realized that she doesn't have anyone to look after her son for her. Since the death of her husband she has had to take care if Y/n all be herself so these things may sometimes cross her mind. She is walking with her son when see comes across the police station. She then gets an idea and knocks on the door.
Nanu:Welcome to the Ula Ula police station. What can I -
He paused when he saw the young Kahuna standing at the door with small child holding her hand with an Archen on his shoulder.
Nanu:Oh Olivia. What are you doing here?
Olivia:Hi Nanu I need you to do a favor for me.
Nanu then saw the small child with her.
Nanu:Who is the kid?
Olivia:He is my son Y/n.
Nanu instantly realized what she wanted. His face then turned from one of tiredness to one of pure annoyance.
Nanu:No.
Olivia:Please Nanu.
Nanu:I am not going to be a babysitter.
Olivia then thought of something that gave her a smirk.
Olivia:You know I could just go leave him with Acerola your niece while they play together. Maybe they might even become friends and then she might I don't know. Bother you with play dates and such.
Nanu:You wouldn't.
Olivia:Oh I would. So are you going to look after my son.
Nanu:Fine.
Olivia:Thank you.
Olivia crouched down to her son's height and kissed his forehead.
Olivia:Ok Sweetie. Mommy is just going to go out for business. Make sure you listen to Nanu and I'll be back in 1 hour.
Y/n:Ok Mommy.
Olivia left, leaving Y/n and Nanu in the police station along with the Alolan mewoths.
Nanu:Ok Kid. Just play with the Mewoths. Ok?
Y/n gave a nod and he and Archie went to play with some of the Meowths while Nanu takes a quick power nap. After about 20 minutes Nanu is awoken from his nap when he hears a cry. He runs towards where they are and sees that Y/n has a cut on his face and is crying.
Nanu:What's going on here?!
Y/n:The Meowths scrathed me.
Nanu sighed as be got a band aid and placed it in the cut. For the next 40 minutes he kept a close eye on Y/b making sure non of the Meowths get too close to him. Olivia then comes back with a bag if toys she bought for Y/n from the market place.
Y/n:Mommy!
Y/n ran up to his mother and embraced her in a hug.
Olivia:Hi there sweeheart. Did you behave yourself?
Y/n:Hmm. I made sure not to bother Nanu.
Olivia:Well done. I got some rewards for you back at home.
Y/n:Yay!
Olivia:Thanks Nanu.
Nanu:Y-yeah no problem.
When they were leaving however she noticed the band aid on Y/n's face and gasped in shock.
Olivia:Y/n what happened?! How did you get a cut?
Y/n:A Meowth scratched me.
Olivia them looked at Nanu with a scowl.
Olivia:Oh Y/n wait out here ok?
Y/n:Ok Mommy.
Olivia went back inside the police station and after about 5 minutes for what seemed like Olivia berating Nanu on what happened she came out and the two Akala natives took a boat back to Akala
End of flashback.
Nanu shudders at this fact.
Nanu:Yeah. So what so you two want?
Y/n/Ash:We want a grand trial!
Nanu looked at the pair almost as if he was analysing them.
Nanu:Go back to Melemele and Akala. It is too soon for both of you to have a grand trial.
Ash:How would you know?!
Nanu:I am the island kahuna.
Y/n:How about this. You give us both a pre trial to even see if we can handle the grand trial.
Nanu sighed.
Nanu:Fine whatever.
They made their way to the battlefield and Ash had his battle first.

Now it was time for Y/n to have his pre trial. Acerola, who Nanu got to be the referee and introduced Y/n and Ash to, was announcing the rules.
Acerola:This will be the pre trial battle between Y/n and Kahuna Nanu. This will be a 1 on 1 battle and the battle will be over once either side's pokemon is unable to battle. Now both trainers send out your pokemon.
Nanu:Go Kroododile!
Y/n:Let's go Archie!
Both trainers send out their pokemon and Krookodile intimidates Archie.
Nanu:Your intimidate is working just well. Now use Crunch.
Y/n:Now use your new move. Dig!
Rotom dex:Dig? !
As Krookodile came in with glowing fangs Archie spun and drilled through the ground escaping the attack. Then from right below the crocodilian Archie emerged and sent the ground dark type flying.
Nanu:Don't move.
Y/n:Wing attack!
Krookodile stood still as Archie came in and crashed into the red pokemon with a Wing attack.
Nanu:Counter.
Krookodile's tail glowed bright as he slammed it into Archie and sent him flying.
Y/n:Use Wing attack again!
Nanu:Prepare counter.
Archie dove in and smashed Krookodile with a Wing attack. Krookodile then prepared a counter but Y/n was ready.
Y/n:U turn.
Archie's Wing then glowed green as he sliced at the dark type and escaped the incoming Counter.
Nanu:Smart move. Using an attack that was designed for escaping attacks to escape counter. Looks like Counter is useless. Use crunch!
The ground type rushed in with his glowing fangs.
Y/n:Counter with rock slide!
Archie then summoned large boulders that stop Krookodile and trap him completely with four of them. A fifth one is then summoned and comes crashing down knocking him out.
Acerola:Krookodile is unable to battle which means that Y/n is the winner of the pre trial. That means that he has earned the right to have a grand trial with Kahuna Nanu.
With that done Y/n and Ash head to sleep. Y/n is now texting with Lillie once again.
Y/n(text) :I managed to beat Nanu in a pre trial so tomorrow I get to fight him  in a grand trial.
Lillie (text) :I am so proud of you. Hope you win.
Y/n(text) :Thanks. Love you.
Lillie (text) :Love you too.
After that Y/n drifts off to sleep.