Poni island arrival part5-The trial of forgiveness

Y/n bids farewell to his father Jace, who left him with his partner pokemon Steelix. Y/n is currently riding on top of the crystal behemoth trying to locate his friends and Lillie.
Y/n:Where are you guys?!
Suddenly the fog begins to lift as everything becomes clear. Y/n is in the middle of the forest that stands between the ruins of Tapu Fini and the pokemon center. In his hand is the pokeball which his father's ace pokemon Steelix was in. He opened it up as the crystal monster appeared. Y/n then slowly walked up to him.
Y/n:D-do you remember me?
Steelix slowly leaned his head towards the young man before nuzzling his shiny coated face with the boy.
Steelix:I was there with your father and mother when you were born and have helped them take care of you. I would never forget you and I hope I will help you become a powerful trainer.
(Don't question why Steelix isn't a rock type yet Y/n can understand him. This is his father's partner so they share a connection)
Y/n with tears in his eyes hugs him as the thought of having a very vital part of his father with him filled him.
Y/n:There is so much I need to show you. A lot has changed since the incident. Come on let's go.
He and Archie jump on the titan's head as Steelix bulldozed his way through the trees.

With the gang
Everybody had come back from the cross between the living and the dead. Gladion just left to alert his mother on the status of his father as the gang huddle together.
Lana:I am so glad you are alright.
Ash:Yeah me too.
Lillie:Where is Y/n?
The group frantically look around for the Akala resident but with no sight of him they assume the worse has happened and his feelings to be reunited with father have caused him to be one with the dead. Lillie begins to cry as Mallow and Lana go to comfort her but the ground begins to rumble and shake.
Kiawe:Hapu what is going on?!
Hapu:I don't know.
Sophocles:It might be a wild pokemon in a rampage.
Ash:Get ready to defend yourselves.
They release their pokemon in order to help protect them when a massive Steelix bursts through the forest, sending entire trees flying in the air. It is made entirely out of crystals as the group gasp and Rotom Dex frantically circles the beast to take photos and tries to register if this is a new form but has no luck.
Hapu:What kind of pokemon his that?! I have never seen a pokemon a like this before.
Y/n:Obviously, this is a Steelix.
Y/n jumped off as Lillie ran to him with tears in her eyes.
Lillie:I thought you were gone.
Y/n:I am sorry. I was just catching up with a family member.
The group then look up at Steelix who is glaring at them and standing over the couple.
Ash:What kind of Steelix is this?
Y/n:This is my father's partner, a crystal Steelix who originated from the Orange island.
A look of familiarity Ash looks amazed. Rotom dex and Sophocles circle the serpent, trying to examine the beast but this only serves to irritate him as Steelix uses Ice beam to freeze them both before using iron head to smash them out of his ice prison. This leaves them both dazed as they stumble back into their behinds. Hapu walks up to the ice type as leans her hand forward.
Hapu:T-this was the ace of the former Akala island Kahuna?
She is about to touch him but Steelix growls menacingly to tell her to back off.
Hapu:Steelix, I am the new Poni island kahuna. It is an honor to meet the signature pokemon of the strongest Kahuna this region once had.
Steelix and Y/n gasp in shock.
Y/n:The hell?
Kiawe:That is right. She proved herself to Tapu fini in a battle and became Kahuna to stop the fog.
Y/b:So you stopped me from speaking with my fath-
He stopped himself as he remembered what his father used to tell him, something that he should have remembered a long time ago. It was after he devastated trial challenger with his alolan Golem at the point where Y/n was barely a year old being cradled in his arms.
Jace:Son, I hope you remember this for the rest of your life. Strength doesn't just come from the power of commanding your pokemon. It comes from the bonds that you make with them and your friends and family.
Y/n now looks at the three who he has the worst relations with. Kiawe, the one who he keeps having an argument with. Sophocles, the one who he keeps demeaning. And Hapu, the new kahuna who he disrespected when they first arrived.
Y/n:Kiawe, Hapu, Sophocles?
The three look at him with annoyance as they think he is going to say something that will piss them off only for his to how his head. Steelix and Archie follow suit alongside his pokemon who come out with the sight of regirock Hapu gasps. His pokemon feel like they all owe them apologises. Minior feels like he was rude to Sophocles and didn't realise the pain his existence around the boy caused. Lycanroc hated Kiawe from the first day of school but he now sees a respectful trainer in the fellow Akala resident. Regirock, though not directly, had disrespectful intentions. And his most trusted pokemon, Steelix and Archie believe they say the same burden as their trainer.
Y/n:I apologize for how I treated you. Kiawe and Sophocles  despite your attempt of trying to be friends with me but I only pushed you away. Hapu, I don't even know you yet I was still my stupid self. Please, I ask for your forgiveness moving forward.
The trio were stunned and nobody spoke until Kiawe stepped up and stood above Y/n. The rock type master tilted his head to face the fire type prodigy. Kiawe then lent a hand out in a friendly gesture.
Kiawe:All I wanted was for you to apologize.
Y/n smiled as he accepted the handshake. Sophocles and Hapu accept his apology as well.

Later at night
Y/n and Lillie are sharing a room in the pokemon center as Y/n's grand trial against Hapu was set for the next day.
Lillie:Your apology must have taken a lot of maturity. I am guessing that conversation you had with your father changed you.
Y/n:Yeah. I just didn't want to let him down.
Lillie:I am sure he would be proud of you. I know I am.
Y/n:Thanks Babe.

The next day
It was now time for Y/n's grand trial, which takes place an hour after Ash battle.

Kiawe:This is a grand trial battle between Y/n, son of Olivia and Kahuna Hapu. Each trainer is allowed the the use of one pokemon and the battle is over once either side loses their pokemon. Battle begin!
Hapu:Golurk go!
Y/n:Steelix I need you!
The two massive pokemon emerge from their balls. Even the giant Golurk is smaller then Steelix as the serpent glares down the the autonomous pokemon. Snow begins to fall down as part of Steelix's snow warning ability kicking into effect.
Hapu:Use hammer arm!
Y/n:Block it.
Golurk's arm glows as he sends his fist toward only for it to be batted away by Steelix's tail. The ice type then wraps around the ground type and contacts him. The falling iciclea pelt at Golurk as he moans in pain.
Hapu:Use high horsepower and get out!
Y/n:Tighter!
A brown outline of light covers Golurk as he tries to get out of Steelix's grip as the steel type constricts more.
Y/n:Ice beam and then iron head!
Steelix causes the ground Titan more agony as he is frozen solid and trapped in a prison of ice. His head then glows silver as he bashes into his which sends him flying over Hapu's head, destroying the pillars as Golurk is plunged into the water. Golurk then floats back up with swirly eyes.
Kiawe:Y-y/n is the winner!
Everyone but Y/n was shocked at the raw power of Steelix. Hapu then gives Y/n an option of z crystals to choose from. In the end the chooses the dragonium z.