The fight for legends part 5-The lore and battle

On the other side of the Ultra Wormhole, Lunala and the Ultra Guardians arrive in a dark world. Ash notices Poipole's excitement then the Ultra Guardians are attacked by a stream of purple liquid. Kiawe has Charizard reply with Flamethrower and when the smoke clears, the attackers are revealed to be several Poipole, who resume attacking them with Venoshock. Ash tries to tell the Poipole that he and the Ultra Guardians are not the enemies and just want to save Nebby, but they don't listen. Ash's Poipole goes on to explain to its kin, and they stop their attacks. Then, Naganadel comes out of the hive and cries out. Ash's Poipole is happy to see Naganadel as Lana notes its resemblance to Poipole. Unknown to the humans present, Stakataka's pokeball is shaking as he he reacting to something that is shimmering deep within the cave.
Rotom notes that it has no data on Naganadel. Then, Naganadel collapses, worrying Ash's Poipole. Despite Gladion and Y/n's concerns about losing track of Lunala, Ash is determined to help Naganadel and goes to its side. Lana, Kiawe, Lillie, Sophocles, and Mallow all follow suit, forcing both of them to go with them.Meanwhile, in Alola, Burnet tries to decipher the Altar of the Sunne mural to find the connection between the "Blinding One" and UB Black. Back with the Ultra Guardians, they check on Naganadel's condition and conclude that it's tired. Mallow offers some Sitrus Berries, but Naganadel refuses them until Ash's Poipole convinces it otherwise. Naganadel eats the Berries, and a voice thanks them. As the Ultra Guardians wonder where the voice came from, Naganadel reveals itself to have been the one who said it, and Gladion recognizes it as telepathy. Naganadel asks them if they want to save Nebby and Ash confirms it. Kiawe states that UB Black possessed Nebby and fled to this world, to which Naganadel asks if "UB Black" is Necrozma. As Ash repeats the name, Naganadel requests for Necrozma to be left alone, stating that they need Necrozma's power. Gladion and Lillie ask for an explanation, and it uses telepathy to show the Ultra Guardians a vision of the past, back when the world was shining with light, with flowers everywhere. Naganadel explains that the world was once filled with light rained down by Necrozma. Ash sees Ultra Necrozma and realizes it is the "Blinding One". Then, the vision switches to a meteor falling to the ground, which Mallow and Lana note that if it was to hit, then it would cause a huge explosion. Necrozma collides with the meteor and destroys it, causing a bright flash of light, and when the light clears, Necrozma is revealed to have changed form and turned black; Gladion makes the connection between the "Blinding One" and UB Black.

Naganadel explains that Necrozma protected the world, but at the cost of its light, causing it to enter a deep slumber. Without Necrozma's light, the plants withered and the lands became desolate. The Poipole and Naganadel were forced to live huddled together to make use of the little light that was left. Naganadel tried to find a new place for it and its kin to live in but was unable to do so as it was too old. Then, it shows a lone Poipole flying into the distance as Rotom recognizes it as Ash's. Naganadel reveals that Ash's Poipole set off on its own as the vision ends. Naganadel continues, stating that they had given up hope on their world, when Nebby and Lunala wandered into it, causing Necrozma to awaken from its slumber to absorb their light and heal itself. Naganadel then turns his stare to Y/n.
Naganadel:Young man. I feel a strong ultra aura emanating from you. Are you in possession of an ultra beast?
Y/n:Yeah I am. Why?
Naganadel:Please bring it out.
Y/n reluctantly  sends out Stakataka. As the beast comes outc Naganadel staresvat him as if checking him out before he nods towards one of the Poipole as she flies away. A few seconds after she comes back and hands Naganadel something.
Naganadel:Long ago when Necrozma feel into his slumber we found something very peculiar. It was radiating with his power and was unresponsive to use and even me but u realized when you all arrived it started to shimmer with a powerful light. I now know that this crystal has chosen you. Please accept it.
Naganadel drops the shard into Y/n's hands as the group gasps at this.