Epilogue

Epilogue

Very few times in my life I've felt like smiling so much as that night. After almost a year I was again in the middle of the city park surrounded by hundreds of people. But the only one I cared about was standing next to me, with her phone pointed at the sky as she recorded the spectacle.

"It's amazing!" I barely heard my girlfriend's voice shouting next to me. "I love it, Lou!"

I didn't reply knowing it was useless since the fireworks would mute my voice. But I did moved closer to her side, hugging Eleanor by the shoulders and pressing her to me so I could kiss her cheek. Without doubting, she put her phone in her pockets and turned to me with a smile, hugging me back and mouthing I love you.

"I love you too," I whispered to her and I knew she had heard me that time.

After the fireworks show in the park, we decided to have dinner in a small but nice restaurant in town and since it was a beautiful night, we walked all the way back to my house after that. The weather was warm and there was not even one cloud in the sky so the stars and the moon shone bright, but my gaze was fixed in the woman walking next to me.

"You know," I told her, squeezing her hand to catch her attention, "just to make it clear, this is not our first date."

"What?" she turned her head quite dramatically and widened her eyes, "so the fireworks were not for me?" she mocked me giggling and pretending to be hurt.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, babe." I pouted and looked down. "But guess what... I'm planning the best first date ever." I raised my head and winked at her.

"Oh, really? Louis, you don't have to do that. I'm in love with you already," she stopped walking and hugged my arm, "I don't need a date."

I stopped walking as well and frowned feeling quite confused. It'd been a week since I'd left the hospital and all I had thought about since then was asking Eleanor on a date. Of course it would be something symbolic because we had been in a relationship for a few months already but a part of me really wanted to do it.

"And what do you need then?" I couldn't hide the disappointment in my voice.

"All what I need, I already have it with me. A family, health... and my man." She stepped on her tiptoes and kissed me.

Eleanor had always had the power to change my mood, for better, with a single word. And that night was no exception. She made me realize that having a date was not necessary for us to continue being the strong couple we were and still are. But no matter how convincing she was, I was more stubborn.

"Well, Miss Calder, this man plans staying with you for the rest of our lives." I held her by the hips and kissed her a bit more intense this time.

A moment later she pulled apart and narrowed her eyes, still looking at me but it wasn't a lovely gaze anymore. She knew I had a second intention... "But??" She asked me biting her lower lip.

"But, I'm still taking you on a date." I grinned and pecked her lips quickly before I taking her hand and beginning to walk again.

"LOUIS TOMLINSON!" She yelled, laughing and walking by my side again.

"Eleanor, consider that date like the beginning of... the second part of our love story."

********************************
Thoughts??
Please, vote and comment and I hope you're not all emotional like me!

I love you Xx
Agus