1 | My Time

Chapter I

"My Time"

That was it. It was the time, my time. In two days, on Sunday, I would be playing the game that was going to change my life.

I had waited for this moment for so long that I felt that the calendar was lying to me. I had practiced so much that my body felt awkward being outside the football match.

The sensation of my feet running through the wet grass, me chasing the ball to score and my coach's encouragement was all I needed. The mental connection between my mates and I during the games was for sure what made us so good.

We were on our way to become the best team, the champions. I was on my way to become the star of the team, to be named captain.

Nothing could go wrong now...

I said goodbye to my coach and headed for the parking lot. My car was waiting for me under a soft light. It was late at night but I was sure I could have kept training for hours and hours. Of course I was told not to because I needed to rest for the final game.

I got into the car and turned the music on. The mirror showed me my big smile, which could not be taken off. I was not going to sleep that night, surely.

I started to drive through London. The city at night was much more beautiful than during the day, perhaps because during the day I'm always training and I can never see it. However, London is my favourite place ever. Its people, its traditions and football stadiums are wonderful. Everything that a 24 years old man could ask for is here.

Mentally, I reviewed all the advices my coach had given me earlier on the training. I was trying to remember the exact same words because I could miss no detail. In two days I had to shine on the game. By then, I had no other aim in my life that my career as a football player... I was nobody without sports.

When I stopped at a corner I realized that there was a lot of traffic even though it was late. I focused my attention on the red light telling me to stop. My uniform was a red and white T-shirt with red shorts... everything was distracting me from driving. I was relating everything to me and my football team. I was getting crazy probably, but that is what anxiety provokes I guess.

In my head a movie started to play. It was me running with all my strength towards the soccer goal. I was in a full stadium and I was about to score. People would cry my name, my mates would hug me and together we will celebrate our victory. All I had to do was to hit the ball and score...

...but in real life I hit the accelerator. The red light still shining, telling me not to, that it was not my time.

****************************************

Hi! This was chapter 1 and it's probably not so good, but I'll improve (hope so).

Please, show some love by commenting something nice or criticizing, I'll take critics seriously.

Love you xx

Agustina