30 | In My Arms

IN MY ARMS

After countless hugs with Nancy, she went back to check on other patients, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I was finally accepting the idea I was leaving the hospital. I was not sure when, but I knew it would be soon.

"Honey, I couldn't find much so your mom better brings something nice," Eleanor told me as she opened the door. "Louis, are you okay?" she closed the door behind her and hurried to my side with a worried face.

"I'm okay," I smiled at her and the sandwich she had in her hands. "I just had kind of a deep talk with Nancy and – and it got emotional," I chuckled to make it seem less serious.

"Do you need a minute?"

"No, El. All I need is a life with you," I told her taking her hand and pulling her to my side in a cheesy way, just to see her blush.

"And you will, a whole life with me and half a sandwich," she burst out laughing, handing me the bigger half of her sandwich.

Her gesture made me go back to the days in which we had to beg her to eat and I frowned, but only for a second. Things have changed a lot for both of us lately. Eleanor was doing way better, being able to follow her diets as she obeyed Dr. Frederickson's instructions. She was fine it made me feel glad... my girl was happier and healthy in my arms.

-

And against all odds, neither my mother nor my father brought anything to eat since as soon as I hang up they got in the car with my sisters and went to the hospital.

"How was I going to know, Lou?" My mom rolled her eyes staring at me in disbelief. "My son stands up on his own after months and you want me to think about dinner?"

"Some things don't change, love." My dad laughed at her. "Tomlinson men eat quite a lot." He joked raising his hand for me to high five with him, which I did after struggling to push my sisters away from my bed.

"You don't need to be so rude, Louis." Lottie scolded me and made her way towards Eleanor's bed to chat with her. The rest of my sisters imitated her and in a second, El was surrounded by my very loud sisters.

"Eleanor," my dad called her from my bed, "How is your diet going, honey? Maybe I can ask for permission to bring something to celebrate that-"

"Actually," my mom interrupted him, lifting her chin and smiling mischievously. She had something in mind obviously. "There's no need to buy anything."

"Mom, we're starving." I told her slowly so she could get it.

"Yes, mom. We're hungry too." Fizzy pouted and winked at me right after. How much I love her!

"Don't you trust your mother? If I say there's no need to worry, believe me." The moment she said that, I saw her putting her phone away in her pocket as she smiled to herself.

-

And my mom had been right. There was in fact nothing to worry about because being the lucky man I was, my friends were there to save the day.

"WHERE'S OUR TOMMO?!" A loud voice called as the door slammed open, making us all jump in our spots. I quickly turned to the door and my jaw dropped when I saw four of my favourite people in the world.

Zayn, Liam, Niall and Harry entered the room being loud as hell and with enough food for all... for all the hospital patients.