16 | Sedated

CHAPTER 16

"SEDATED"

Sedated. The worst feeling ever.

After the incident in my room, doctors had decided to sedate me. For them, I was desperate and out of control. For me, it was only misery for getting apart from Eleanor.

It was like 4 am in the morning when I woke up feeling a cold hand touching my face. I opened my eyes but it was dark and blurry. Lights were off and I could not see clearly who was standing next to me.

"I'm sorry, Louis," a soft voice said, "I didn't mean to wake you up."

Eleanor. It was her voice. Even as sedated as I was I could recognize her voice. Or maybe my mind was playing a trick on me and I was just hallucinating.

I blinked a few times trying to see her face, but my poor condition and medication were stronger. I was feeling dizzy and my head was spinning fast.

"Go back to sleep, Lou."

Impossible. If I could not see her, at least I would listen to her. I tried to lift my hand to reach her but I could not. My body felt as heavy as never before. Well, at least the part of my body I was able to feel...

Unable to move, I simply denied with my head.

"It's okay, Lou. I'll stay here," she told me.

A feeling of security suddenly invaded me. I nodded and closed my eyes. She would stay.

Now her cold hand was playing with my hair and I heard a giggle. I shook my head and she got I was implicitly asking her for the reason why she had laughed.

"Your hair is a mess, you know?" I thought about it and I embarrassed immediately. I must have been in the worst look, and the most beautiful girl I had ever met was next to me now. Fortunately for me it was dark. I frowned and she giggled again.

"Don't worry. I'll arrange it for you before the doctors catch me here."

So Eleanor was in my room illegally. My heart jumped inside me and I could do nothing but to feel flattered. I'm not sure if I actually did it or if it was my impression, but I smiled at her.

"I know, I shouldn't be here, especially after all the trouble I've caused."

She thought she had caused all this? So it seemed we had been both blaming ourselves all this time. At least we had that in common.

"I'm going to say this quickly, Lou. I want to apologize for what I did. Not the fainting, of course. I wish I was stronger to control that." Those words reminded me of the pain she was going through. "Anyway, I was feeling a little better now, so I wanted to tell you that I'm really sorry for putting you in such a difficult situation. I mean, look at you."

Now she was taking my hand. The cold of her fingers contrasted to the warm of my hand. With a big effort, I pressed her hand to mine. I still had my eyes closed so I pictured her face looking at our hands.

"Nancy told me you fell off your bed when I was taken away. I felt so terrible and guilty that I tried to escape from my new room, which I have to say, is awful, but the doctors told me not to."

I could not imagine her, as fragile as she was, trying to get up just to check on me.

"You have no idea how much I miss your company, even your everlasting football matches on TV."

I remembered the previous evenings we had shared together and it seemed like it had been years ago.

"And I'm sure you miss my talking on fashion and books, don't you? But don't worry, I already asked the doctors to bring me back here."

She had done that? I pressed her hand tighter, like if I was trying to retain her.

"Relax, Nancy told me it is going to be just a few days before you have me back here. You won't have to miss me much longer," she laughed and I smiled again.

"Wow, Louis, this is so weird, just me doing all the talking, you know? I mean, you are the most talkative of the two. Maybe the most talkative of the whole hospital."

I reviewed all the time we had been together in that room. She was right; it had been most of the time me talking and she just listening to me, occasionally answering some of my questions. If I actually got to be with her again, then I would try by all means to be the one who listens. After all, I had not forgotten the last thing I got to know about Eleanor. She had no family or friends to be with her. Ok, then maybe I could occupy that place... hopefully being more than a friend.

"Damn! Dr. Frederickson is coming." I felt so nervous when she said that that I'm pretty sure my breathing agitated. But I was not nervous about the doctors finding Eleanor there. No. I got anxious because I knew they would ask her to leave the room. To leave me.

"I have to go now, Lou. Please, promise me that you won't worry about me. Promise me that you will take care." She said whispering as she approached her face to mine. Maybe to kiss my cheek?

She let my hand go and the emptiness felt terrible.

"Good bye, Tomlinson."

Maybe it was because of the fear of losing her again that my body finally reacted. I moved my head slightly towards her and I had the most wonderful feeling.

Her lips against mine.

Maybe being sedated was not so bad after all. 

***********************************

Comment your thoughts on their first kiss ♥ Did you like it?

P.S.: I recently published a new fanfiction called Red Midnight. If you like Twilight, please check it out! You can find it in the external link or in my profile. 

Thank you!

Love, Agustina