24 | News

News

I did not recognize myself as I pushed my chair through the hospital corridor to assist to my appointment with the worst doctor on Earth. Anger had taken over me and I had no idea how I was going to react when I met him.

I tried to relax my face before I entered his office but it was impossible, and deep inside me, I did not want to hide my fury.

"Come in," I heard him say after I knocked on his door.

I pushed the door and slowly entered his office, closing it shut behind me. I strolled to his desk but he just kept paying attention to his laptop, completely ignoring me. I remained silent feeling how anger grew inside me making my blood boil.

Like five minutes later he closed his laptop and turned to face me.

"Tomlinson," he greeted me with his cocky voice.

"Dr. Smith." I said coldly.

We looked at each other for a while until he decided the atmosphere was tensed enough.

"Ready to start?"

"Yeah."

He came to my side and lifted me from the wheelchair to help me climb in the bed. Being in his hands had never felt so terrible before. I hated him so much and yet he was the one in charge of my recovery. I was already foreseeing myself in the wheelchair forever.

He connected the electrodes to my legs and sat down next to me to supervise it, but a little later he took his phone out of his pocket and began texting.

I sighed and tried to think of something else, in Eleanor maybe. But thinking about her obviously led me to him again. I was doing my best to distract myself until I heard him whisper something to himself.

"Wow, this girl," he said smiling at his phone.

It was impossible. He could not be talking about Eleanor.

"You know, Dr., something really strange happened to me last night." I spoke faking a smile.

"Really?" he asked me raising an eyebrow but with his eyes still on his phone.

"I was texting my girlfriend" - yes, I dared to use that word – "and she replied to me, but then I was told she had been sedated and asleep all night."

Super slowly and almost in shock he turned his face to me, parting his lips although no words came out.

"Weird, isn't it?" I pushed him.

"What are you implying, Tomlinson?" he asked me standing up to look at me from height.

"I guess you know, Mark." I replied imitating his arrogant voice.

He flared his nostrils and narrowed his eyes but said absolutely nothing. He knew he had done something wrong, he had caused some damage and maybe even done something illegal. He had broken Eleanor's privacy by using her own phone to persuade me to stay away. There was no way in which I could let it go.