22 | Tomlinson

22

"You don't get it, she said she was scared." I insisted hitting the table in front of me with my fist. "You have to help her!"

"Louis, please calm down or this meeting is over." Dr. Frederickson asked me pressing his hand to the side of his head. "Let's see if you get me. I already knew about this. I mean, it was kind of obvious."

"Then why hadn't you done anything?!"

"That is what you think." He said smirking, "Has she told you about the other times she had been here before?"

I frowned, trying to remember anything but failing greatly.

"Uh, no."

"She has been here three times before and always for the same reason. No eating, getting weaker and risking her life."

"I'm sure she didn't do it on purpose." I said sharply.

"I don't mean that, Lou. Every time she stayed here for a few weeks until she recovered and gained some weight and the she just left."

"Why would she stay longer if she got better?"

"We didn't ask her to stay, we told her she should start a treatment. We offered a specialist to help her but-"

"But?"

"Her parents refused, and also she."

That was definitely too much new information. Her family had rejected a medical treatment? WHAT THE FUCK!

"But it's different this time. She's on her own." I insisted.

"And what makes you think that will make a difference?"

"Because she has me. And I'll help her."

He smiled at me slowly, rising an eyebrow and crossing his arms in front of him. He definitely had an idea or a plan now.

"I'm glad to hear that, Tomlinson."

I sighed in relief as I was finally making some progress. I would be able to fulfil my promise and help Eleanor after all. The thing was, how would we convince her to accept the treatment?

"Listen, we'll make a deal. I'll call the specialist and arrange an appointment for her, ok? Meanwhile, you talk to your girlfriend and try to persuade her to assist."

"I- I" I shrugged and blushed in a second, "Ok."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just assumed you were her boyf-"

"No, it's fine. Nevermind."

We remained silent for a while and it was quite an awkward situation.

"We just haven't agreed on the term boyfriend or girlfriend yet." I tried to explain as I looked at my feet.

"I see. Please forgive me." He smiled timidly. "Now, are we clear about how to proceed?"

"Absolutely."

We shook hands and I turned my wheelchair towards the door but when I was about to exit Dr. Frederickson's office he called me.