12 | SELFIE

CHAPTER 12

"SELFIE"

"Lou, I'm a bit tired. I think I'll go back to the room. I'm sorry."

"Yeah, sure. We've been here for hours. Let's go," I told her and for the first time in a long time, I moved my body – the half I could – as if I could just get up and walk away. Eleanor must have seen my frustration and I think she felt awkward.

"Give it time, Louis. You'll be walking soon," she smiled and stood up.

"That's what the doctors say but – hey! What are –"

"Oh, shut up!" she giggled from behind me, pushing my wheel chair.

It was only a nice gesture of her to push my wheel chair; I knew it was only that but all I could think is that she was there with me. I could finally feel her as a partner or maybe even something more. It was difficult to put a name to what we were, though I was pretty sure I was nothing more to her than a "good friend".

"Wait, what if we take a picture of us?"

By the look she gave me, I'm sure she never expected that. And it was only then when I realized I'd never seen her using her phone before. Actually, I was not even sure whether she has a phone or not.

"Emmm, no. Thank you."

"Oh, c'mon El. You look good even with that hospital robe. It's awful, by the way"

"You're wearing the exact same clothes, don't laugh!"

"Then why don't we ashamed ourselves together?"

"Fine. Take it, but promise me you won't upload it to any social media, please."

Her voice was trembling when she asked me that. I've never seen her this worried before.

"But why not?" I asked in a low voice as if we were hiding or something.

"I – You - just don't do it. Please, Louis."

"I promise," I told her trying to calm her down.

So she stood up next to me and bent so I could take the picture. As soon as she approached me, the smell of her hair reached me and, feeling an impulse, I turned to see her. Our faces were really close and we both noticed we'd never been so close before. Well, we'd never ever been close. My attempt to hide my smile was in vain since I smiled to her as if I'd known her for ages. She hesitated but when she looked me in the eyes, she smiled me back.

"Take that damn picture, Tomlinson,"

"Oh, so you already know my last name! Can I know yours?"

"Calder. Now, the picture. I wanna go to sleep."

I extended my hand and took a selfie. But before I could notice, she was already standing behind me pushing me chair.

"It's a nice one, look" I told El showing her the picture.

She simply nodded without looking at my phone, but this time there were tears in her eyes when I turned to see her.

I had no idea what to say or do, so I only put my phone away and remained in silence until we reached the bedroom. Doctors put me in my bed and I turned the TV on. I asked Eleanor if she wanted to watch anything but her back was turned to me. I could hear her crying and sobbing.

She was hurt. And it hurt me to see her like this. 

*************************

I need some feedback, please comment! 20 comments to update ♥