Chapter 10

Previously

Aro nodded "Yes, we will be talking about that in more detail when you return. For now, I think Caius and the Elite guard will be enough, maybe we will also bring Renata and Josh" Aro said casually.

I just shrugged, not noticing the concerned looks on Caius and Marcus's faces.

King's P.O.V

Caius shared a worried look with Marcus while his mate seemed to curl up on Aro's lap, it seems the mate bond is affecting her more than he would have assumed.

She seems to be so comfortable around them that she simply relaxes completely, he was sure if they left her alone she would fall asleep.

His thoughts were cut off by Marcus "Aro, Why do we need to send the Elite and our two strongest shields? Surely the Cullens aren't that much of a threat" He said with obvious concern as he glanced down at his mate.

He said it too quietly for the human ear but any vampire could hear it clearly.

Aro just continued to run his hands through his mate's hair before whispering out "That is something we will talk about upon your return Caius. From what I saw in our mate's memories we have many things that need to be discussed but for now I want our mate under the permanent protection of the coven as soon as possible. All other threats can wait until her safety is assured."

Neither brother was very reassured with this response but they did agree, their mate's safety came before all.

Caius nodded with a pensive look on his face "How high is the probability that something will go wrong while we are gathering her things?" He asked, ever the strategist.

Aro rolled his eyes "as long as you can keep your temper in check brother, everything will be fine" He said as he gave his brother a look.

Caius rolled his eyes before standing up "I will go make preparations, the sooner we leave the sooner we can come back" he said briskly before leaving the room.

~~~~~~~

I woke to the sound of the door closing making me look around.

I saw 2 of my mates but Caius was noticeably absent.

Aro glared at the door as if it personally offended him while I sat up and asked "where's Caius?" quietly.

Marcus just chuckled "He went to prepare the jet, Cuore Mio. He will be back shortly" He said dismissively.

"Yes, in the meantime you can spend some time with us, we will be without your company for days, I don't know how we will survive!" Aro said with a humorous gleam in his eyes.

I giggled slightly and shook my head "I think you both will survive for a few days. It won't take long. Charlie's cool and all but he doesn't hold a candle to you three" I said sarcastically. Though I really want to bring him in on the secret eventually, I'll have to think more on that. Charlie as a vampire would be cool...

~~~~~~~

After about 30 minutes of sitting and talking with Aro and Marcus, there was a knock on the door.

Aro's head shoots up with a slight scowl on his face "yes, Demetri?" He asked curtly.

Demetri opened the door with his head bowed "Masters, the Cullens are refusing to leave without the queen" he said without raising his eyes from the floor.

Immediately Aro was up on his feet taking Demetri's hand.

After a moment he let out a sigh and turned towards me "It seems young Bella is refusing to leave without you" he said exasperatedly as he walked back towards me.

I rolled my eyes and stood up "Let's go deal with them, I would rather not waste the rest of our time together because my cousin can't calm the hell down" I said sarcastically as I fixed my hair slightly.

As soon as I was ready Marcus was grabbing my hand as Aro lead us to the reception area, Demetri immediately flanking us followed by the twins who had stood outside the doors.

I smiled as I leaned into Marcus's side.

Whenever I was around the kings it felt like I was surrounded by safety and love, it was an amazing feeling that I absolutely refused to give up, for anybody.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy reading

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original character and plot.