Chapter 53

Emmet and Rosalie spent over an hour trying to get the story from Esme, the women barely knew anything. Just that Carlisle was heading for Denali.

Esme told them about running from the guard and Carlisle ripping Jane's head off.

Both were shocked to their cores, it was almost unthinkable to them.

What was even more shocking was the fact Carlisle let them take Esme, she didn't know exactly what happened but they knew he wasn't with them and Esme was. It wasn't that difficult for them to figure it out.

It was during that conversation that Jasper came back, he had been spending most of his time with Bella these past few days in Italy. Currently they were just getting to know each other, neither was ready for a romantic relationship yet but they took comfort from being around each other.

Rosalie and Emmet were happy for him, even happy for Bella. Rosalie had buried the hatchet, she knew what it was to be controlled by men. She couldn't in good conscience blame Bella for what happened. She felt guilt for any parts she played in the whole thing.

Especially knowing Bella was drawn into the family by Jasper, a true mate bond isn't something you could fight.

Rosalie now understood why she couldn't help herself from being around them, she had resented her for so long for something that wasn't even her fault. She and Bella would never be friends having nothing in common but Rosalie no longer blamed her for their misfortune, if anything it was Edwards and Alice's fault. Nothing good comes from manipulating the mating bonds.

Jasper stopped short seeing Esme, his mind running over endless possibilities. Why was she here, what had happened? Was Carlisle dead? Why would the kings spare her?

Before Jasper could continue with his thoughts Esme quickly ran to hug him before pulling him into the discussion.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he thought about Carlisle. He had always thought he was committed to Esme, though Jasper had always sensed benevolent emotions coming from him. Carlisle could be called a prideful man, but it wasn't anything unusual. Most men thought themselves more important than they were.

He supposed he had always felt a certain superiority from the man. When Carlisle thought he was in the right nothing could change his mind, Edward took on the trait in the worst sense of the word.

It was hard for Jasper, he had all these memories but they were all warped by Alice's control of him. It made his memories of the Cullens hazy, though there were moments Alice would be distracted and he could have some real moments with various coven members.

Those moments were few and far between, and rarely happened with Edward around. He could only recall one true unencumbered memory of Carlisle and it was mundane, it had just been a moment in an average day.

Most of Jasper's true experiences with his coven mates were with Emmet and Rosalie. He had occasionally had a moment with Esme but it was mostly the mated pair.

Strangely enough, Jasper knew Carlisle did love Esme, they had a true connection, he could feel it. Though his willingness to leave her truly shows the difference between a true mate and just a mate bond.

Though Jasper wouldn't have left his mate, he wasn't that type of man. At the end of the day, Carlisle was that type of man and now Esme would be left to deal with that pain.

~~~~~~~

So, team Alpha is currently hunting Carlisle, Team Delta is on their way to Denali to intercept him, if not enlighten the Denali coven of the situation. Demitri and Felix are currently being bolstered by Omega to hunt Alice Cullen down. How is team Beta doing? Any luck?" Lia asked as she paced the dies in the throne room.

Alec stood in the middle of the throne room, him being the only Elite in the castle making him the go-to for all orders. Jane had just come back and would get a few hours before joining her brother.

"They found the Hybrid, they are in the process of convincing them to make the trip, I gave them a week before force was necessary" Alec explained curtly.

Aro nodded "Acceptable, hopefully with the witness, we can get more answers, Are you sure he is not the only Hybrid?" he asked his mate as she continued to worry.

Lia nodded as she bit her fingernail "well not 100% but it was a very common thing in Fanfiction. I never read the books but I'm pretty sure he had sisters and a father. His father is the mad scientist vibes" she said.

Caius rolled his eyes "And how does this make it fact? As you said you had never read the books" he asked, doubt in his voice.

Lia rolled her eyes "At a certain point when the names are always the same and you see it in about 150 different fanfictions you have to assume it comes from somewhere. Normally the names don't stay the same if it isn't based in Canon" Lia explained, thinking back about the days when she read fanfiction instead of living it.

She was fully aware this was some serious fanfiction type shit. But by all means, she was having a damn good time. Who was she to question her own existence? This is her life and it's that simple.

"Well then I suppose it's good that this is now on our radar, it's unfathomable that four hybrids exist and yet we have never heard from them" Marcus said his eyebrows pinched together as he thought.

Caius scoffed "It's no coincidence, if this is all true then they hid from us on purpose, we would meddle in his work. Possibly put a stop to it altogether. At the very least the Vampire who fathered all these hybrids must be dealt with" he said, his mind thinking about the possibilities.

"Yes, we will, but not now. Right now we have other things to worry about" Aro said, thinking about the two Cullen members still on the run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok, I just need to say it. I feel so completely hopeless and terrified to be in this fucking country. I want to leave, now, before they pull out the fucking bonnets. this is starting to feel too much like the prequel scenes in the Handmades tale.

They realize the kitchen is where the knives are? right? ....just saying. 

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original character and plot.