Chapter 21

Previously

"Calm down Bella, we're going to the Cullen's. Apparently, Aro never mentioned the damn wolves so I'm going to watch the show. Want to catch a ride with us?" I asked casually.

I saw Caius scowl but he didn't comment making me hold back a small smile.

Bella just stood there and blinked for a few seconds before stuttering out "wait what?"

I snorted and rolled my eyes "the wolves Bella, witch speaking of you should probably give Jake a call and tell him not to come here. Well unless you want to find a new pet dog" I said jokingly.

From the look on Caius's face though, it probably wasn't a joke. Well, as long as she doesn't bring Paul home I'm fine. That boy has way too many issues with his temper.

Bella shook her head "Why are you going to the Cullen's?" She asked awkwardly as she looked from Caius to me.

Caius scowled but before he could snap I answered "I will repeat, Caius wants to discuss the treaty, I want to watch the show. Are you coming, yes or no?"

She stumbled slightly before grabbing her coat "oh, uh, yeah sure" She said as she scrambled to put on her coat.

I watched amused as she almost tripped twice.

Caius was looking at her with so much judgment I could almost see it in the damn air.

I shook my head in amusement before walking out of the house and back to the car.

Caius followed behind me with a slight scowl as Bella stumbled to catch up behind us.

~~~~~~~~~

To say the car ride was awkward would be a huge understatement. It was downright hostile.

Bella sat uncomfortably in the back while Caius scowled ahead and I tried not to break out laughing.

Thankfully Bella decided silence was the best route, and with Caius it probably was.

The man practically had steam coming off him as we approached the Cullens.

I couldn't tell if it was because Bella was in the car or if it was the Cullen's but either way I was eagerly waiting for the chaos to begin.

As soon as we pulled up Edward came out with Carlisle following behind him.

Bella practically shot out of the car to be by his side making me roll my eyes.

Though, I suppose with how pissed Caius is I can't exactly blame her

Edward looked down at Bella in concern but she just shook her head and curled into him making me want to gag. How she can just forgive him for everything I don't fucking know. If the kings tried to pull that shit I would set their balls on fire...

Edward gave me a side-eye but I just ignored him as Caius opened my door for me.

I took his hand and kept hold of it while he lead me to the Cullen's.

Carlisle gave us both a tight smile "Caius, I didn't expect you so soon" He said politely.

Caius scowled "Yes, well I didn't think I would be here this soon either Carlisle. It has come to my attention that there are wolves running around the area. I want to know exactly what this treaty entails" He said with no room for argument in his tone.

I could see Edward give Bella a look from the corner of my eye making me barely contain the scathing remarks. I need to let her stand up for herself, but if she doesn't I will be doing it fucking for her...

Carlisle nodded his head politely and lead us inside.

I kept a firm grip on Caius's hand as we walked inside, I did not want to be in there alone.

My instincts were screaming at me that this place wasn't safe, I was surrounded by unfamiliar vampires that didn't particularly like me and the feeling is mutual.

I knew logically that the Elite guard were surrounding the house but I felt vulnerable.

I knew these vampires were not fond of the Volturi, though I have some level of security being Bella's cousin.

I made sure outwardly I looked calm and that my heart rate didn't spike but my instincts weren't helping.

To keep Dickward out of my thoughts I was singing Lily Allen "Fuck you" over and over again. I found the song very fitting for the situation.

We walked into the living room to see the rest of the Cullens standing around.

I spotted Jasper and Alice by the door while Rosalie and Emmet were on the couch.

Esme came up and greeted us with a smile. Carlisle immediately went to her side "This is my lovely mate Esme, Darling You know Caius but this is our new Queen, Amelia" he said as he motioned to me.

I smiled gently "Nice to Meet you Esme, I've heard a lot about you from Bella. She says your cooking is amazing" I said with a charming smile.

Esme's eyes lit up when I said that, telling me I had done something right. Well, at least she's nice...

Esme smiled wider "thank you, it's a pleasure to meet you both. You know Edward and Alice, this is Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmet" She said as she motioned to each vampire around the room.

I gave them each a small nod while Caius just ignored them.

I could tell from everyone's demeanor they weren't exactly happy we were here.

"Yes, well now that introductions are over, Carlisle I would like to speak with you" Caius said tensely as he turned back to Carlisle.

Carlisle nodded and motioned towards the stairs "We can go speak in my office" he said suggestively.

I felt Caius tense and I couldn't exactly say I was pleased.

I squeezed his hand before letting it go.

He looked at me unsure but I nodded making him walk away reluctantly.

With every step, he took away from me the less safe I felt.

As he got to the top of the stairs he gave me one last look, meeting my eyes before he was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, one I love Lily Allen, Her songs Fuck you, Never gonna happen and not fair are the damn best. Seriously go listen to them. Second. I have nothing against Paul (i used to read paul fics) but for this book we don't like the shifters and Paul is objectively the most problematic.

sorry, it took so long to update, I had a serious case of ADHD burnout. u know the age-old tale, work your but off on something, get really excited about it and then the second you post it you no longer have any inspiration for it. fun times lol

Happy reading

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original character.