Chapter 50

3rd Person

Upon landing the kings quickly realized something had gone wrong, there were two missed calls from Jordan.

Lia seeing this quickly grabbed her phone and called Jane, it wasn't long before Jane answered the phone.

Jane then proceeded to explain what had happened, how they had lost Carlisle and Esme.

Lia could tell the kings wanted to rage but Lia just sighed "You did what you could Jane, we will send out an official search group. Once they meet you, brief them, then come home" Lia said calmly.

Jane immediately complied and the call ended.

Caius stormed away to go get together a proper team, only those personally trained by him would be allowed on this mission. While Aro and Marcus left to go catch up with Alec on what had happened while they were gone.

Lia quickly lead Charlie and Bella to their rooms before stealing Bella and leaving Charlie with Janice who was standing to the side awkwardly, debating whether to enter or not.

"You missy are coming with me" Lia said casually as she dragged a confused Bella from the room leaving behind two very awkward people.

Charlie didn't know how to respond to Janice, he hadn't dated a woman in a long time, and to know they were fated, whatever that meant, just made him feel more pressure.

Janice smiled tensely as she glanced at the door "I could go" she said reluctantly as she motioned to the door.

She had been waiting almost 3000 years for this but she had never expected to find her mate like this.

Charlie shook his head "No, I'm sorry, I haven't done this in a while, after my marriage with Bella's mother fell apart I never really tried again. It didn't feel right" he said, scratching the back of his head awkwardly as he looked around the room.

Charlie was confused by the fact it wasn't a bedroom, but a living room with a small kitchen to the side, he looked around confused "Where the hell is the bed?" He asked quietly, almost to himself.

Janice smiled fondly "The bedroom is through there, as well as the bathroom and walk-in closet" She said much more relaxed now, knowing he wasn't going to reject her, he just had no idea how to handle any of this.

Janice struggled to understand his perspective, it being so long since her human days, not to mention how different it was for her back then. She had no true way of understanding him but she would try.

Charlie's eyes widened comically as he looked around the room, he walked over to where she pointed and opened to doors to see a massive bedroom with a desk off to one side and two doors on the other, a giant king-sized bed in the middle of the room.

He shook his head as he walked back out into the living area "Are they trying to impress me?" He asked Janice, his eyes narrowed as he looked around.

Janice giggled as she hid a smile behind her hand "no, The Queen chose these rooms for you, there are many rooms like this in the castle, though this is one of the nicer rooms. You are family to the Queen, of course, so I'm not surprised. My rooms aren't much larger than this, I have an extra room as well as a garden. Most higher guard members get rooms like this but I've been with the kings a long time" she said casually as she looks around the room.

Charlie's eyes widened in surprise "How long have you been with the kings?" He asked, his eyebrows scrunching in thought.

Janice looked out the window, not wanting to see his face when she answered "I've been with them for about 1,500 years, we joined forces when they chose to fight the Romanian coven. I was a nomad, not many of us could stand being in groups back then. The Romanians were the first to do it, but they were not good leaders, they didn't care about anything else but themselves. While the kings will never be considered Saints, they have made this world better than it was" She said, a wry smirk growing on her face at the irony of that statement, Marcus being considered a saint and all.