Chapter 20

The drive to get boxes was tense.

I could tell Caius was still on edge, looking for any threat. He kept glancing out the windows before looking at me nervously when he thought I wasn't paying attention.

When we got to Home Depot I very quickly got different packing materials and boxes before checking out as soon as possible.

Caius made a very intimidating shopping partner. Well not to me but he definitely scared the shit out of some people, especially men...

I was trying very hard not to laugh every time I would see a man turn around and walk away whenever they were met with Caius's glare.

While it was hilarious I didn't really want to make a scene so I made quick work of shopping before practically dragging him out of the store.

As soon as we got to the car Felix was there and loading everything before I could even open the trunk.

I wasn't gonna protest because of the mood Caius was in, so I just shook my head fondly and said a quiet "Thank you" before getting in the car.

~~~~~~~~

Caius finally started relaxing on the car ride back but I could tell he never fully lowered his guard.

"Are you okay over there?" I asked amused as he tried to look nonchalant.

He just gave me an imperious look "I have no idea what you are talking about" he said as he turned his nose up in the air as if he was offended.

I rolled my eyes "yeah, because people were fleeing from us at the store for absolutely no reason" I said sarcastically with a smirk on my face. Gonna have to try better than that grumpy bat...

Caius continued to act like he had no idea what I was talking about "Maybe they were just fleeing from a predator, humans are particularly weak-willed" He said dismissively.

I raised an eyebrow "I'm going to assume you don't lump me in with the rest of the human race" I said jokingly with an edge of warning in my voice.

His eyes widened slightly before he nodded "Of course not, you are much above the rest" He said charismatically as he tried to cover up his mistake. Yeah, good try...

I shook my head amused "Whatever you say, just try not to bite anyone's head off for the rest of the day. Well, besides the Cullen's of course" I said with a dark smirk growing on my face.

He smirked back slightly before turning back to the road.

"What are we doing next anyways?" I asked casually as I tried to spot the guard running outside the car.

Caius clenched the steering wheel, most likely thinking about the upcoming Cullen visit "we will drop off your things. Then we will pay a visit to the Cullen coven. If you would like you can stay and start packing your things?" he asked gently, almost apprehensive of my reaction. Aww shucks, look at him being considerate!

I snorted and shook my head "no way am I missing this, I wanna see you chew them the hell out! Not to mention I can make sure they don't try and lie to you. They may not outright lie but they are very familiar with omitting the truth" I said coolly.

He nodded, accepting my decision for what it was.

I was glad the kings seemed to understand I was their equal, I may need more protection but I am in no way inferior to them and I never would be. The first time they try that shit I'll be shutting it down hard .

So far they had been great, though it hasn't even been a week yet so we will have to see. I feel like they might need a reminder or two, they are 3000 years old and Women's equality is only about 50 years old. And that's if we're going easy on the definition of Equal. So they get a few passes, but I will not be walked all over. I refuse to have my choices taken away from me.

~~~~~~~~

Once we pulled up to the house the trunk was immediately being opened and unloaded before I stepped foot out of the car.

I shook my head at Felix and Demetri "you know, I could do that. I'm sure carrying my stuff isn't in the job description" I joked with a half-smile.

Demetri gave me a bright smile back while Felix chuckled lightly "it actually is my queen. Don't worry, we don't get tired and are paid very well. I promise, it's no bother" Felix said casually as he carried the boxes into the house.

Caius just rolled his eyes "Gioia Mia, the guard is there to protect us and make our lives easier, they get paid very well for this. Let them do their jobs" He said sarcastically as he got out of the car.

I just rolled my eyes and scoffed before walking into the house.

I saw Bella walk downstairs and look at Felix like a deer caught in headlights. He just ignored her and brought the boxes up to my room "Be careful not to let the cats out, they can be creative little shits" I said lightly as I went into the kitchen to refill my coffee.

Sadly I had to make a fresh pot. At least I get fresh coffee, so whatever.

When I walked back out in the living room Bella was still just standing there looking at the guard and now Caius who was standing by the door waiting for me. This girl needs to chill. What does she think, there going to make her a snack right here in the living room?

"Calm down Bella, we're going to the Cullen's. Apparently, Aro never mentioned the damn wolves so I'm going to watch the show. Want to catch a ride with us?" I asked casually as I took a sip from my fresh coffee. Ahhh caffeine, my life force...

I saw Caius scowl but he didn't comment making me hold back a small smile.

Bella just stood there and blinked for a few seconds before stuttering out "wait what?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wasn't originally gonna end it here but it fits so whatever lol.

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original character and plot.