Chapter 46

3rd Person

"We're not going anywhere until you tell us what you did!" She said with no room for argument in her voice, she wasn't going to let this go. Not after everything that had happened.

Esme looked worriedly towards her mate as she clutched the bag he handed her to her chest.

She glanced nervously between her remaining children and her husband, she hated when her family fought. Though, she silently admitted to herself, she also wanted to know why they were being forced to leave.

Carlisle's body shook with nervous rage "I went to the wolves, it didn't end well" was all he could force out as he held himself back from attacking his coven mates.

Jasper narrowed his eyes "Why did you go to the wolves? And why would that mean we have to run?" he asked.

Jasper had just been freed from someone's control, he wasn't about to go back under another's. Not to mention Leave his mate right after finding her.

He may be giving her space, as well as taking some in return to center himself, but that didn't mean he was just giving up on his forever. He knew it would be complicated after everything that happened but he didn't care.

"I WENT TO THEM TO TRY AND GET HELP AGAINST THE VOLTURI, TO GET EDWARD BACK!" Carlisle screamed, finally losing his composure completely.

Rosalie and Emmet flinched away from him, for both his anger and the implication of his actions.

"Why would you do that?!" Rosalie screeched as she frantically clutched Emmet's arm.

Carlisle looked at her incredulously, even Esme was looking at her in shock "Why would I do that?! Because I love my son! I love all of you! Edward is my responsibility! I can't leave him like that!" Carlisle yelled as he started to continue packing the necessities.

Rosalie pinched the bridge of her nose "He attacked the queen of vampires! Not to mention tried to kill Charlie! That's not even including everything he has gotten us into the past year! The Volturi were lenient! Why would you risk all our lives?!" She asked as tears that would never fall gathered in her eyes, she knew what this meant.

She and Emmit would lose their coven, Jasper would probably want to go his own way, Rosalie would have lost all her family in a matter of days.

She wanted to rage, to ask Carlisle why he would take everything from her when she was already down, but she knew the truth. Edward was the golden boy to Carlisle and as such mattered more than the rest of them to the man she considered her father.

Carlisle shook his head before snapping out "Get packing, I'm done discussing this!" before turning down the hall.

Rosalie shared a look with Emmet, of sorrow, but also of agreement. She glanced at Jasper to see the same look.

Esme saw this and shook her head frantically in denial. She stepped towards them, a desperate look growing in her eyes "No, you have to come with us, I know he made a mistake but you have to come! Please!" She begged, desperate for the last bit of her sanity to come with her.

Emmet shook his head sadly and gave her a bear hug "We have to, but you can come with us" He whispered quietly as he pulled away.

Esme shook her head, her hands shaking as they gripped his long-sleeved sweater "You know I can't. Please..." She whispered.

Emmet shared a look with Rosalie, both didn't want to abandon Esme but going with Carlisle was a death sentence, they just couldn't do it.

Rosalie pulled Esme in her arms before shaking her head sadly.

Esme looked like her heart was being torn out because it was. Why had her mate done this? They had already lost enough.

Carlisle came back into the room, a duffle bag over his shoulder, he looked at them expectantly "well, come on then" he said as he motioned for them to come with him.

Emmet and Jasper both stood firm as Rosalie glowered at him "We won't be following you to your death sentence, I loved my brother but he isn't worth death" She said resolutely.

Carlisle looked between them in shock, like he couldn't comprehend what was happening before shaking his head "We don't have time for this!" He said desperately, as he glanced out at the surrounding woods.

Esme walked towards him and took his hand.

He looked at her confused but she just shook her head as she led him out, away from her last children, she glanced back one more time towards them before pulling her mate out the door.

They had to run.

Just like Alice.

The last thing she will do for her children is help them avoid a death sentence.

~~~~~~~

It was only minutes later that the Volturi arrived, capes and all.

The various guard members fanned out around the house as the three kings walked through the door, an impressive show of force.

They looked around, unimpressed "It seems we have more people to hunt" Marcus said as he eyed the three vampires standing in the living room.

Rosalie stepped forward, her hand extended "We had no part of this, they left a few minutes ago. We don't know where" she said quietly her head bowed in submission.

Aro immediately grabbed her hand and took in her thoughts, once he was done he gave a quick nod to his brothers before taking the other witness's statements.

Caius scowled as he turned towards Jane "Get a search part, they don't have much of a head start!" He snapped.

Jane immediately bowed her head and left with half of the guards that were stationed around the house. Leaving a few of the Queen's guard and the king's personal guards.

They hadn't traveled with many on hand so it only left them with about four guards stationed around the woods.

Janice was still with Charlie and Bella as well as guarding the Queen. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original characters and plots.