Chapter 26

The flight to Volterra was long but uneventful. I spent most of it sleeping on Caius or getting to know the guard, my fear of flying was almost none existent around my mates, they just radiate safety.

The Elite guard were polite but closed off, Jane and Alec especially.

Those two are going to be tough nuts to crack but I wasn't short on time. We'll get there, it'll probably just take a few years...

The easiest to talk to was Josh, He seemed eager to talk about his powers and ask me questions. As well as pet my cats who just soaked up any attention like damn needy sponges.

Apparently, he can make bubbles, not like the toy kind but bubbles around people. He can make an impenetrable shield around something or someone, simultaneously he could use them defensively and trap people in them before taking oxygen or even electrocuting them.

It was why he had risen in the guard so quickly, he had only been with the Volturi for about 20 years. Most members with his seniority would still be in the lower guard but he was in the higher guard, most of the time he worked with the Elite guard but he wasn't at that level yet.

Renata was much the same, with her shielding ability she moved much quicker up the ranks than most, though she had been with the Volturi for over 300 years. She was a small, not at all intimidating woman with brown hair and a kind face, but with loads of sass. I think she might be shorter than Jane...

Her shield was more mental like Bella's, she can confuse people based on their intent to harm. So if people approach her or who she is focusing on with intentions to hurt that person they get turned around and confused.

I knew about Renata from the amount of fanfic I read in my last life but Josh was new.

I was thinking about requesting him as one of my personal guards, I didn't delude myself into thinking my mates weren't going to be overprotective.

I wasn't an idiot, I could tell Aro went overboard by sending both of the Volruri's shields and the Elite guard.

I don't mind them being protective of me, as long as they don't try and stop me from doing the things I want I don't mind the precautions they want to put in place.

It would be irresponsible to walk around like my life wasn't at major risk at all times now. I refuse to be used as a weapon against my mates, the three most powerful men on the planet now have a human mate, fuck I can trip and die! I'll take all the help I can get...

I refuse to be a weakness to my mates, I would be their strength.

~~~~~~~~

I let out a relieved sigh as we approached the castle. I could feel the energies of my mates near and I couldn't wait to be with them all again.

The only reason I haven't gone bat shit crazy is that I had Caius with me. I can't imagine what it's been like for them...

My knee started bouncing as we got closer to the castle.

Caius chuckled lightly and shook his head as he looked at me fondly.

I just ignored him as we pulled to a stop in the underground garage of the castle.

I squealed when I saw Aro and Marcus waiting for us, The car had barely stopped before I was launching myself out of the car and straight at them.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one eager to see them because I didn't even make it a step before I had two sets of arms wrapped around me as Aro and Marcus practically engulfed me between them as they both plastered themselves against my front and back.