Chapter 68

By the next day Coran had samples for invitations.

Lia quickly picked her favorite and they were printed within the hour and sent out the next morning.

After dealing with the invitations all the girls met to get measured for dresses. Including Bella who was dragged along by both Esme and Lia. Rosalie followed along amused.

Most of the guard members had already been measured and as vampires they don't exactly change sizes so it was just Lia, Bella, Rosalie, Esme, and Bree getting measured.

Once they were measured they talked to Hiedi about what designs they wanted, Lia's taking the most time.

Bella had told Heidie to do whatever she liked, just to make it flattering and don't go crazy with the skin. Her father would be attending.

Lia on the other hand wanted to make a damn statement. This was her first public event as queen and she wanted people to remember it. She couldn't make a statement with her immortality so she was making it with her dress.

She also requested Hiedi to try and keep with a gothic vampire theme for most of the dresses unless someone had something specific in mind. She wanted as many Blacks, Reds, and, greys as she could find.

Once that was done she left them to do their thing while going to figure out where all these people were going to be staying.

~~~~~~~

During the next week two wings of the castle were cleaned and prepped for guests. Invitations were sent out to all known Covens and any Nomads that they knew how to find.

This was not some party they could blow off, this was a meeting of covens to discuss two new laws that had been enacted and every coven was required to send at least two of their members and spread the word to any Nomads that they know of the event as well.

The last time the kings had done something like this not all of these Covens even existed so it was a delicate process of making it a demand and also sound like a request.

Lia had especially written out the invitation to the Egyptian coven requesting for Amun, Kebi, Benjamin, and Tia to all come for the announcing of the new laws.

It was a warning, they knew of Benjamin and Amun's little crusade to overthrow them wasn't going to work.

She had never appreciated the control Amun had over Benjamin and the way he got so betrayed and accused Carlisle of Stealing Bejemin from him as if the man was an object to be coveted.

Amun claimed to be so high and mighty against Aro but at the end of the day they had the same wants, Aro was just better at getting his. The man had just as much of an obsession for gifted vampires as Aro did.

She had very little respect for a man like that, one that coveted but was too weak to actually work for what he wanted. Instead chose to hide and become bitter. The way he treated his mate didn't speak well of him either.

~~~~~~~

Within days they received confirmation from their loyal Allies. The French and Japanese Covens wanted to stay for the duration of a week to introduce some new members they have to the kings.

Lia had agreed hoping to warn them about the coming threat and let them know to prepare for the worst.

The Russian coven was quick to reply but would not be staying more than two days. The Chinese, African, and Greenland covens held a similar opinion.

Some covens such as the Denali's, Alaskan Coven, Swedish Coven, Australian coven, and Irish Covan were slower to reply but not rude by any means.

It was the Egyptian Covan that waited the longest to reply, Though the Mexican coven had barely beaten them for time.

Lia was honestly surprised that bitch Maria even bothered to reply but they had sounded ominous so I suppose she didn't have a choice. She would need to warn Jasper about that one.

She had RSVP'd saying she would be coming with two others, probably her second or third in command.

A few of the Nomads also sent confirmation but Lia wasn't expecting much there.

Lia had smirked when she saw the short and curt confirmation from Amun, he must be so confused on how they found out about Benjamin, too bad he would never guess their true intentions.

~~~~~~~

As the Ball grew closer and closer Lia's stress level kept rising and the kings took it as a personal mission to provide 'stress relief' at any convenient moment.

Lia wasn't going to lie and say she wasn't enjoying herself but it was distracting when you're trying to organize layouts for a ball and your mate knocks off all your work to fuck you on your desk.

Surprisingly it had been Marcus that destroyed her office, but like the gentlemen he was he did clean everything up after before putting her over his shoulder and speeding them to his bedroom.

That man could do things that left a girl's thighs shaking and her eyes rolled into the back of her head.

Then Marcus being the sweetheart he is would normally draw a bath for them to relax in before they would wash each other and they would talk about random things or sometimes start up another round. It really depended on how exhausted Lia was at the time.

The kings being vampires, never ran out of stamina and for a very human Lia it could get very exhausting, but in the best possible ways. She just couldn't wait until she could really keep up with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I am super sick (probably covid) so don't be shocked if u don't get regular updates the next few days. my brain is very foggy and I am exhausted. Like my brain is so foggy writing out the authors note is hard as shit. 

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original character and plot.