Chapter 36

Surprisingly it only took an hour to finish up the treaty.

The pack had very reasonable demands and we would bring them a new treaty to sign within the next few days.

Once the final treaty was signed we would be leaving the surrounding area, for good.

In the meantime it was about time the Cullen's lost a few members, but first I needed to separate my family from any involvement.

My Mates and I need to deal with the newborns and then I'll go see my cousin but first I would let my mates calm down before putting myself around dangerous creatures again.

Caius especially needed some attention so he could calm down.

The second we were in the hotel room I dragged Caius over to the couch and pushed him down so he was sitting before crawling into his lap.

Immediately he had his arms around me and was holding me as close to himself as he could without hurting me.

I ran my hands through his hair in a calming gesture as he took deep breaths in my shoulder. Poor grumpy vampire cat...

I paid attention to Caius for a few minutes before I guided him to the bed where Marus and Aro joined us in a cuddle pile.

All three of my mates needed reassurance that I was safe after being with the wolves but Caius was especially traumatized by wolves. He had not had good experiences with them in the past, but those wolves were children of the moon not the spirit shifters we were making a treaty with.

When I saw the scars for the first time I almost had a meltdown. The only thing that reassured me was that those creatures had long been extinct.

~~~~~~~~

I stood behind my mates with my personal guard behind me. My mates were going overboard but I was here so I wasn't going to complain.

Marcus was back with me while Aro and Caius stood in front of us. I could barely see through their shoulders making me roll my eyes. Why are they making this so damn complicated? That's it.

I took a deep breath and shook my head "Okay, this isn't going to work. This is what's going to happen, Josh, you will put a bubble around me so that no matter what no threat will be able to get to me and you three are going to calm down" I said as I gave each of my mates a pointed look.

They all scowled making me raise an eyebrow challengingly "I will not cower behind you like this, My way is completely safe, arguably with less risk and we stand as equals" I said with no room for argument.

Aro let out an exasperated sigh, just for me to know he was annoyed, and nodded before taking a step away so me and Marcus could step in between them.

Caius still scowled but also moved away.

I gave a look to Marcus but he just took a step forward without any resistance while I joined him. At least one of them is reasonable...

I could feel Josh's power wash over me as I stood beside my mates, we had good timing too as right after that the Newborns came in surrounded by the Elite guard.

I could tell Alec was using a low-level mist on them that would keep them weaker than normal.

I knew the one female was Bree from the movies but there were two others, both male.

One seemed to be her mate by the way he was standing in front of her slightly

One seemed to be her mate by the way he was standing in front of her slightly. He gave off a disturbing aura but in an artificial way, like the disturbing feeling wasn't real and something else hid behind it, he was almost shielding both himself and Bree with it. That has to be some kind of gift...

The other male was standing back from the other two, he was looking around cautiously, his eyes kept darting around the room, sometimes landing on me but he seemed to be searching for something

Aro took a step forward and offered his hand "Once we have your statements we can find you a suitable place in the guard until your Newborn period is over" he said commandingly.

Bree looked hesitant so her mate stepped forward, he didn't take Aro's hand at first "Why do we have to join the guard?" He asked with a nervous edge to his voice.

"During your Newborn faze you can not be trusted to keep control, control is the only way you can keep our secrecy. Once we know you are no longer a threat to our laws you are free to leave. We enforce the laws in our world, we can not simply release you knowing you will compromise our way of life" Marcus explained calmly.

The male nodded and looked back at Bree before taking Aro's hand.

While Aro read his thoughts I glanced at the other Newborn who was still looking around confused. What's up with him?

I gave Marcus a look while the Newborns were distracted. He nodded and gazed at the Newborn, he stared for a few moments before his eyebrows scrunched up slightly and he glance between the Newborn and someone behind me. Most likely one of my guard members.

I was surprised when I saw his lips lift into a half-smile.

Before anything else could be said Aro did his demented chuckle, as I had dubbed it, making the newborns look slightly uncomfortable.

"Fred, your gift is quite unique, if you feel so inclined you and your mate would have ideal positions in the Volturi. It's up to you of course but you are welcome in the guard" Aro said with a manic gleam in his eyes that screamed a collector who just found a rare piece.

Bree looked at him very alarmed making me shake my head exasperatedly "Aro, what is his gift?" I asked, trying to direct my mate's focus back to me.

Hopefully, it would ease some of the newborn's uncomfortableness.

Aro turned to me with a bright smile "Anima Mia, He has the power of revulsion! It's is quite unique, he can cause anyone to become repulsed by him, vacating entire areas. Much like dear Jordan's gift" he said motioning to one of my guard members behind me. That would be useful...

"Was there any sign of implication, or can we be done with this? They have their Newborn period to make their decision" Caius said scornfully as he gave Aro a look, most likely about him trying to collect more people.

Aro just rolled his eyes "Yes, they're free to go. There was no sign of implication, they had no idea what they were created for" he said annoyed.

"There is one more matter that needs to be addressed" Marcus said as he stared at the other newborn.

I looked at him curiously "And what is that?"

Marcus smirked, amused "The true mate bond between this newborn and Josh" he said as he looked pointedly behind me towards Josh.

I turned around and smiled brightly at Josh who was staring at Marcus completely dumbstruck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original characters and plot.