Chapter 47

3rd Person

Jane ran with five members of the guard including Josh's new newborn mate.

He was the best tracker they had on hand, not as good as Demetri but he was currently chasing a much more difficult target. Alice Cullen was particularly hard to track given her abilities.

While Carlisle was no slouch, he had much less of a heads start and no abilities to help him.

Annabeth was also helping lead the charge, her ability to use the dead to her advantage narrowed down the search. Annabeth seemed eager to prove herself after what had happened to the queen.

She, much like Jane, knew that without the queen's interference she would have been dead. She still hasn't felt the brunt of the kings rage yet to come.

Though the kings can only do so much, given the queen's protectiveness to her personal guards. She stood up for all the guards but she took her own personal guard under her wing.

Amelia had formed friendships with each of her personal guards and the Elite, she had even been able to make Jane and Alec fond of her.

While Alec was more soft-hearted and easier to get close to Jane was a closed book, the only one she lets close to her is her brother. Not even Felix or Demetri were on more than friendly terms with her.

The fact the Queen had even gotten Jane to smile at her, was a miracle in itself.

If the kings tried to punish Annebeth harshly they would have the Queen to answer to, and they had learned that was a bad idea.

Even Jane had been intimidated when the Queen was angry. Learning about her ability had made it stronger, the energy she let out when she was angry was intimidating, but the energy when she was enraged? That had made Alec and Jane share a wide-eyed look of horror as the queen passed them, they had even seen a few plants wilt.

Thankfully the kings had learned their lesson quickly and there hasn't been another day like that since the incident.

~~~~~~~

Lia sighed as she watched Charlie pace the living room, he was finally recovered enough to talk. Well, in pace his case pace.

He wasn't supposed to be up this quickly, Janice was practically shaking with anxiety in the corner.

Finally, Charlie turned to face Bella, who, giving the girl credit, is standing her ground.

"So you...Dated a (Charlie pinches the bridge of his nose and lets out a deep sigh) Vampire and now what? Why the hell did he attack me? And when were you going to tell me any of this?!" He asked loudly as he glowered down at his daughter.

Bella winced but didn't back down "Yes, Edward is a vampire, so are the rest of the Cullen's. I don't know for sure why he attacked you but I can guess, I broke up with him yesterday, he obviously didn't take it well" she said not breaking eye contact with Charlie.

Charlie scowled and crossed his arms "I never liked him" He grumbled as he looked away from Bella.

Lia scoffed "You and me both! Hated him the moment I met him, not too fond of Alice either" Lia explained casually with a shrug.

Charlie furrowed his eyebrows "I never thought anything was wrong with Alice, seemed like a nice enough girl, seemed to like Bella. Got her out of the house" he said with a gruff shrug.

Lia rolled her eyes "Yeah that's cuz her Vampire charms drew you in, you hated Edward enough that his didn't work on you. Hell, they worked on Bella, why do you think she ignored his faults long enough for him to gaslight the shit out of her?" she said sarcastically as she glanced at Bella.

Bella just scowled and looked away, not liking to remember how she fell into his trap, he had even told her, yet she still fell in all the same.

Charlie froze before turning to Lia in shock "What do you mean? What kind of vampire charms?" He asked, his eyes unconsciously shifting to Janice for a few moments before quickly turning away.

Lia shook her head, a sympathetic smile on her face "Not like Janice over there, you feel drawn to her because of the bond you both share, it's the same bond I feel with my mates. The allure other vampires naturally have is like how you responded to Alice, they can draw you in, make you want to be around them. It's nothing they do on purpose, their voice, their appearance, even the color of their eyes have a strangely alluring effect" Lia reassured, not wanting Charlie to fear his bond with Janice.

Charlie nodded but the scowl didn't leave his face, he was obviously angry over the treatment of Bella, not to mention barely processing the world he was now in.

He seemed to catch something Lia said as she turned to her "What do you mean Mates? How are you wrapped up in all this?" He asked incredulously. It wasn't bad enough Bella was wrapped up in all this supernatural but Lia too?!

Lia shrugged carelessly "I'm mated to the Kings of vampires, it's cool, I'm the queen of vampires now. I went to Italy with Bella, which was a vampire thing by the way, Next thing I know I found my true mates. That's why I moved there in the first place. A true mate bond is fate itself, you feel inexplicably drawn to your mate or mates. As humans we can feel it as a strong pull, an urge to be around them, but as vampires, they are our everything, our reason to live for eternity. Your perfect match, Vampires search their whole immortal lives for that connection" Lia explained, a small smile on her face as she thought about her Mates.

Charlie looked towards Janice quickly, he wanted that, but did he want to get sucked in to all this, accept that vampires are real?

Well, isn't he already in it, they hadn't said anything but Charlie knew that he couldn't back away now, he knew way too much, but did he want to truly accept it? He didn't know. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I'm pissed, I don't know if any of you guys read my harry potter series but the second and third book just got fucking deleted for some reason. I have no idea why and I'm looking into it but I'm pissed. Just wtf?! I've heard so many stories about accounts and books getting deleted lately! What the hell is happening with Wattpad? If any of you are wondering you can find the books on my Ao3. By the same username. 

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original characters and plot.