CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

It's been two days since Kenzo hasn't joined us. He's completely gone, leaving me anxious and wondering if I did something to upset him. The silence is unsettling, and I can't shake the feeling of missing him.

But I have a hunch that there's more to his absence. Maybe he's dealing with something he's not ready to talk about.

It takes time for everything. I know really him, he can do it!

Entering the chapel, I felt a sense of calm wash over me. The sunlight streaming through the stained glass created a beautiful mosaic on the floor. Towards the front, a man knelt, his quiet tears echoing in the otherwise silent space. As I drew nearer, the scent of incense filled the air, adding to the solemn atmosphere.
The man's shoulders shook with each sob, yet there was a palpable peace surrounding him. With each step, the weight of the moment grew, and I could sense the depth of his emotions. Despite the sadness, there was a serene tranquility, as if his prayers offered solace in the midst of his pain.

“Okay lang po ba kayo?” dahan-dahan ang pagtatanong ko.

Second year high school rin siya, base sa kaniyang uniform at Nakita sa kaniyang gilid ng putting polo na suot niya.

"You can see that I'm crying, right?" he said sarcastically, wiping tears from his cheeks.

"Yeah, I understand, but seriously, if you ever feel like you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you," I reassured him earnestly, my tone carrying genuine concern and willingness to support him through his struggles.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I don't need your help. I can handle this kind of problem. . . It's not like it's anything new to me," he retorted bitterly, his words tinged with resentment and frustration.

I nodded, respecting his decision, yet silently hoping that he knew he didn't have to face his struggles alone. I shifted a little closer on the seat, drawn by an inexplicable urge to be nearer to him. As I moved, the scent of his cologne enveloped me, intoxicating in its allure.

Gagi sis, nakaka-addict ang perfume niya!

Jusko! Nasa loob ako ng simbahan pero landi pa rin ang iniisip ko.
Lord, patawarin niyo sana ako kung nagkakasala ako ngayong umaga.

"Do you know how hard it is to grow up with a grudge?" I spoke, my gaze fixed ahead, though my words were directed at him.

He stayed on his knees, no longer shedding tears but still deep in contemplation. The question I hadn't intended to ask slipped out, driven by my own emotions and experiences. Lumaki ako may galit sa tatay ko. Puno nang poot at galit ang meron ako. Napakabigat sa puso. Iniwan niya ako ng walang paalam. Habang tumatanda ako, wala akong magulang nakadisnan sa tabi. Walang tatay, walang mama.

Kahit nangungulila na 'ko sa kanila.

"Because you won't feel happy and you won't believe in yourself, because you keep thinking you're not good enough. . ." I continued, my voice tinged with melancholy. "But that's all you're thinking about. What about the people around you who teach you, support you, love you, and feel happy when you're happy too?"

Hindi ko alam kung saan ako kumukuha ng lakas ng loob para lumabas sa bibig ko mismo, o sadyang hanggang ngayon, hinahanap ko pa rin ang pagmamahal nila?