CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

LANCE JOAQUIN BERNARDO'S POINT OF VIEW

She just ran fast as if someone was chasing her and she was going to kill him.

"Shain, sandali lang!" sigaw ko halos hinahabol ko na ang hininga ko sa kakatakbo para mahabol siya.

I screamed, struggling to catch my breath as I raced to catch up with her.
But I need to explain everything. I need her to stay with me.

She's my whole world. It's all my fault.

Everything that's happened between us. Every pain she's endured. It's all because of me. She's carried all that pain and suffering, and now she's overcome with exhaustion.

She keeps running, pushing herself as far and fast as she can. I know she's tired from running.

Damn, she's hurting because of me!

I'm a terrible boyfriend.

I don't know where we're headed, where our feet will take us. I'm out of breath from running, but she's more important. She's important to me.
I'm almost within reach now. It's time to talk to her, to fix things between us.

I can't lose her. I can't let her leave me.

I grab her wrist as she comes close to me. There's no hesitation anymore.
She discreetly wipes away her tears before turning to face me. As I turn away, I feel a sharp pain in my chest. I hate myself. I hate it so much.

"Lj, ano ba? Bitawan mo ako!" she shouted at me, trying to take my arm.

I can't let her go!

Stay with me. Just stay with me.

Ayaw ko bitawan ang kamay niya. Takot na takot ako'ng bitawan siya dahil pakiramdam ko bigla siya mawawala sa paningin ko.

"Bakit ka ba sunod nang sunod?!" she asked with authority.

I need to explain everything so that she understands. I hope she'll still listen to my side of the story.

"Let me expl—" she cut my say something.

I'm ready to tell her, but she's too angry to listen. I can't blame her because ultimately, it's my fault.
Come on, Lance. It's all your fault.

"Stop it. Hindi mo na kailangan magpaliwanag pa," she tried to calm her voice.

"I'm so sor—" she cuted my says again and again.

I'm so fucking need explain. Ayoko. . . ayoko nakikita siyang nasasaktan nang dahil sa'kin. Napakasama ko!

"Bakit, Lance. . . bakit ano ba ang nagawa ko sayo para saktan mo ako ng ganito?" she pressed her lips together.

"Ano ba talaga ang gusto mo?! Ang pahirapan ako? Ang saktan ako?!” she asked while her tears were already falling in the cheeks.

I want to wipe away the hurt. . . I want to hug her just to show her I'm here, even though I'm the one who hurt her.

“Well, guess what?!” she glared at me. "You win! Nanalo ka na dahil nasasaktan ako at nasaktan na ’ko! Nahihirapan na ako. . . Tangina! Ano masaya ka na?! Masaya ka nang nakikita akong nasasaktan at nahihirapan?"

"But you know what?" she choked out, her voice was trembling. "Even though I know it'll hurt, I keep holding on to us, hoping we can go back to how we used to be. . ."

I watched as tears streamed down her cheeks. She punched my chest with both fists.

"Go ahead, just hit me until you feel better!" I said in my mind.