Part 12

~ 12 ~

* Ding Dong *

The doorbell rang, and the sound rippled throughout the house. You and Taehyung had returned from your date and were cuddling on the couch while watching a movie. Hearing the bell, you lift up from the couch and assure Tae that you'll get the door.

You step up to the door and open it, frowning as you see Jungkook and his parents standing there, outraged, without having to greet you. Jungkook has a gloomy expression filled with wrath and a tinge of jealousy, and his mother is just as enraged as her son, but his father appears to be in good condition. He seemed uninterested and compelled to be here.

"Who's there, love?" Taehyung yelled from the living room, eager to reclaim you in his arms.

"Uhhh..." you bite your lip confused at what to say. "Why don't you come see for yourself?" You rub the nape of your neck anxiously as you chuckle. You invite Jungkook and his parents into the house quietly and then turn away, unsure what to do.

Taehyung gets off the couch and when he turns around he sees Jungkook, ready to punch him again but then he sees his parents as well so he calms down a bit.

"Aunty? Uncle?" Taehyung grimaced and approached them respectfully, but Jungkook's mother stopped him from shaking their hands with her palm in front of his face. Jungkook smirks and crosses his arms across his chest at Taehyung.

"Don't "aunty" me! Look what you've done to my son!" she barked, grabbing Jungkook by his arm to pull him forward and then pointed at his cheek. Jungkook had a melancholy expression on his face, as if he were a small child. "Just wait till your parents come!" She scoffs viciously, and as she finishes her sentence, the doorbell rings again, suggesting that it was Taehyung's parents.

With a sigh, you open the door and welcome Taehyung's parents in. His mother gave you a short peck on the cheek, and her husband smiled as he patted your head. Then they both go inside, puzzled as to why Jungkook's parents had suddenly called them.

"Seo-Jun (JK's mother)? Sung-Ho (JK's dad)?" Taehyung's mother rushed over to hug Jungkook's mother, as the two have been friends for a long time, but Seo-Jun turned away and crossed her arms. This made Do-Yun (Taehyung's mother) frown as something like this never happened among these two. "Seo-Jun, what happened?" Do-Yun asked.

"This happened, aunty." Jungkook stepped forward and pointed to his bruised cheek, tears welling up in his eyes as he pretended to be the victim.

Do-Yun gasped as well as her husband, and touched Jungkook's bruise gently. "Oh my god...honey what happened?" Eyes widened and mouth open in shock, she asked.

"Your son did this!" Seo-Jun exclaimed, her eyes ablaze and her fist balled.

Do-Yun rests her palm on her chest and lets out a gasp of surprise. "Taehyung???" She approached him and stared at him in astonishment. She then clutches his collar with her teeth clenched. "Are you out of your mind?!" She shouted and let go of his collar aggressively causing him to stumble backwards.

Taehyung's father, Hyun-Woo, approached his son as well, but he grabbed his wife to try to calm her down and manage the problem quietly. "Is this what me and your mother raised you for? So you can forget your manners and start punching people?" His father taunted Taehyung, making his rage boil at the fact that no one listened to what he had to say and instead chose to blame him for everything without knowing the whole story.

You stood there awkwardly silently, not expecting this to grow into a fight. You and Jungkook both knew the truth, but it was Taehyung who got blamed for everything. You sigh and look up only to notice Jungkook staring and smirking at you. You glare at him but he only cocks his brows at you in a teasing manner.