Part 42

~ 42 ~

(Play the song and read ;)

Jungkook struggled to stay alive in his glass-strewn bedroom without food, comfort, or sleep. He has only managed to keep his parched throat moist with water or through tears that seemed to never stop.

Today is the day of his engagement that he had at last agreed to as he had no other options left. He opened the door to his room, now ready to face everyone, everything.

About six in the evening when Jungkook was sitting in his bed, with his palms resting on the mattress as he zoned out staring at the floor. A slight knock on the door and he exits his trance.

Jimin enters. He enters, closes the door and approaches Jungkook, holding a maroon tuxedo that is hanging on a hanger wrapped in a plastic package.

Jimin was already ready, wearing a black tuxedo with a black bow tie. The only thing left was to get Jungkook ready before the engagement party starts at eight.

"Let's go...get ready." Jimin said, taking a seat next to Jungkook on the bed.

Jungkook nods, still staring at the floor.

"You sure you wanna do this?" Jimin wraps his arm around Jungkook's shoulder comfortably.

Jungkook nods again, not responding. He continued staring at the floor.

"Okay," Jimin grunts as he lifts off the bed. "You go get dressed. Your parents and I are waiting for you outside hm?"

"Okay..." Jungkook finally responds, quietly.

Jimin pats his back and leads him to the bathroom where he takes a quick shower and wears his tuxedo. After that, he puts on some cologne and exhales deeply.

He wasn't ready to see you today. He can't imagine how tough it'll be for him to see you and hold back his tears. It won't be the same.

Running a hairbrush over his hair, he is all set up to go. He leaves his room and sighs, walking outside his mansion where his father, along with his mother and Jimin, are waiting to take him to the venue in their car.

"Oh son, you look so handsome." His mother is smiling broadly at him in the back while his father goes in for a hug, but Jungkook maintains his composure.

"Where-e's Yuna?" Jungkook quietly asked, stuttering.

His mother and father exchange a smile.

"She's coming with her parents. You'll see her at the venue." Said his mother.

She radiated star-quality beauty, and the exquisite clothing that showed off her contours made her look much younger than her actual age.

"Let's go then." His dad patted Jungkook's shoulder. They exchange a smile before everyone gets in the car. Jimin is sitting in the back with Jungkook, and his mother is resting in the front seat while his father is driving the car.

***

Perfect. You smile to yourself as you accessorize your dress with a lovely necklace that completes the look. It had you wondering what was lacking all along.

"You look lovely." Tae says up from behind.

You're startled slightly but sigh in relief when you see him.

"What happened, you need help with your tie again?" You laugh lightly.

"Yes, beautiful." He grins. He wasn't smiling like he usually did, which made it clear that he was still upset with you for lying.

"I'm sorry, really really sorry..." you whisper as you bend his tie in a knot.