Part 30

~ 30 ~

You realized his situation so you excused yourself to the bathroom, sneaking to Jungkook's room silently.

As soon as you go in, you notice him removing all of his hanged clothing and dumping them into a suitcase, all jumbled and disorganized. He was enraged, and his rage drove him to begin collecting his belongings and deciding to leave.

"What- what are you doing??" You close the door and run up to him grabbing him by his arm. Yet, he yanks his arm out of your grip violently.

"None of your business!" He passed a caution glare and continued throwing his clothes in the suitcase.

"Jungkook stop! What are you doing?!" You shout, causing him to pause.

He turns his head at you, his eyes darker than the midnight sky. "I'm moving away," he takes a step towards you. You step back. "Because no one seems to care about me here, setting up my engagement with someone I hate more than anything, without my permission!" he growled and increased his steps towards you. You just kept stepping back until you reached a wall. Jungkook paused and bent down to your face, placing his palm on the wall beside you, his intimate furious eyes burning your delicate brown chocolates as he panted. "And because you like to tell your dearrrr boyfriend to come congratulate me for a rumor." He creepily smiles, his lips only a part away so you move your head to the side.

"I didn't tell anyone I swea-"

"You're lying!" He cut you off and grabbed your chin forcing you to meet his dull gaze.

"I promise," You're speaking but his attention is on your lips not listening to what you're saying. "We received an invitation card so Taehyung suggested we congratulate you since the engagement is next mont-"

Again you were cut off as Jungkook groaned out in frustration and pulled you harshly towards him muttering a mantra of fucks before diving in for a deep fierce kiss. It wasn't enjoyable, rather a deep expression of all his anger. And the sloppiness of it was loud enough to be heard in the silent cold room but both of you just continued munching on each other's hungry lips.

But it's when he lets go that the emotions hit you full force. It was almost as if you needed that kiss right now to cure your unfulfilled heart because you would've come apart without it. "Jungkook..." you mumble so tenderly that Jungkook's eyes swell up with tears. To him, it sounded like you'd rekindle your romance.

"I don't wanna marry her, Y/N." He whispers clutching onto your hands as he places it near his raging thumping heart.

"But your family is happy with it," you responded, your eyes glistening with tears, which Jungkook noted and frowned at. "Aren't they?" A single tear runs down your cheek as the thought of him getting married ripples through your head. You immediately look down when more tears begin to fall.

"But-t, but I'm only always happy with you..." He placed his forefinger under your chin and gently lifted your face to look at his softened countenance, tears glinting in his eyes.

"Jungkook-k...kook-k," You stutteringly said due to the tears falling down your cheeks. Yet Jungkook pauses as you finally call him "kook". I mean after a whole year and a half of your breakup, you call him by a name you used to when he was yours and that name, he knows, warms every inch of his body. It gives him comfort. It makes him realize that you still love him...right?

"Kook...?" Jungkook whispers, his lips quivering as it holds all the strength to keep those teary eyes from spilling.

"Kook-k...kook I-" You sob, unable to spill the words. These past few days you've realized it. You've discovered how tightly your heart was clogged with Jungkook's memories and the realization of how much he meant to you all this time. "Jungkook-k I-...I-" You want to tell him. You want to tell him you love him, that you want him back, that you've recognized your genuine feelings for him, but something inside of you robs you from doing so. Perhaps the guilt? The guilt of betraying Taehyung for no reason at all? You don't wanna hurt him.

"Tell me, Y/N...tell me," murmurs slowly, his palms caressing your cheeks as he wipes your warm tears with his thumbs. Yet, his sweet, tragic voice makes you cry further because you know you love him, and the fact that he's getting married soon, wrenches your heart even more. "Don't cry, love. You're breaking my heart..." He places his forehead on yours and closes his eyes, his tears at last spilling.

"I'm sorry-y kook-k," You clutch onto his hand firmly as if you didn't want to lose him. "I just wanna tell-l you...tell you-u that I-...I-"

"Jungkook?" Taehyung's deep voice could be heard from outside Jungkook's room as he knocked on the door quietly.

"Huh-h?" Jungkook looks around puzzled as if the whole world was completely mute to him. As if it was only you and him. "Yeah-h? What happened?" Jungkook asked, turning his head towards the door, still attached to you on the wall, not worried at all. He knows Taehyung wouldn't enter without his permission.

You too, stood relaxed not worried because you know Taehyung doesn't enter without a "come in."

"Hey man, can I come in?" He requested.

Jungkook turns his head back at you and stares into your red teary eyes. "Hold on, give me a minute." He replied to Taehyung but his eyes were fixed on you. He wanted to know what you were gonna say but Tae interrupted. "Go to the bathroom for now." He gently wipes your tears and tiny smiles sadly.

You nod and walk away, locking the door behind you and Jungkook walks to his bed blinking a few times to remove the redness in his eyes. "Come in." Jungkook coughs allowing Taehyung in.

Taehyung enters, immediately noticing Jungkook's lost trance and sad expression. He frowns. "Hey man, you okay?" He softly inquired, approaching him giving a slight stroke on the shoulder.

"Yeah-h...yeah I'm okay," Jungkook chuckled nervously. "You-u...you need something?" He gulps.

"Oh yeah," Taehyung realized. "My parents are here, they just came. They wanted to congratulate you, let's go?" He explained and Jungkook stayed emotionless. Why was everyone coming to congratulate his non-existent engagement? He never consented to it.

"Okay..." he silently replies and looks down immediately blinking away the heavy forming tears.

Tae slings his long arm around Jungkook's shoulders and drags him downstairs.

You still stood in the bathroom gazing blankly at yourself in the mirror. The truth struck you and you're afraid of revealing it to anyone. It's rippling through your heart, it's fearful.

The truth is...the truth is you're in love with Jungkook and you're reluctant to tell anyone because everyone is so excited about his upcoming engagement with Yuna, so why would you want to spoil it for them? You had the incredible opportunity in your own grip, but you were too obstinate to give it up. That same guilt is now sinking you deeper and deeper in agony.

"I love you, Jungkook-k, I love you-u." You sob out vociferously, bending down to the sink, unable to contain yourself.

But now, it's too late. You'll have to let him get married. That's what everyone wants.