Part 45

~ 45 ~

She made a fool out of you.

She always gets your hopes up and leaves.

And you? You always stay quiet. Always let her fool you.

"That's it. I won't stay quiet anymore!" Jungkook balled his fists as he whispered through gritted teeth. "She has to hear me out today." Jungkook snaps his neck, tilting his head left and right, forcing the facet joints to extend and causing the fluid to solidify into a joint pod. As the fluid transforms into gas, he hears his neck joints pop and feels a relief of pressure in that area of his neck.

He gives a sharp exhale and covers his thin, baggy sweater with a jacket. He then leaves his room and makes his way downstairs to the living area until his mother stops him.

"Where are you going son? You need to be resting." She rushed up to him, worried. She urged him to rest because he had only been released from the hospital yesterday.

"Don't worry, mom. I got enough rest. And I have my inhaler. I'll be back." He smiled, kissed her cheek, and left.

You had just returned from work, about seven in the evening, when you were resting in the room waiting for Taehyung to arrive. Watching TV for almost an hour, you get bored and you miss the presence of your fiancé, who promised to be home in a few hours.

Staring at the ceiling, you sigh thinking back to Jungkook's engagement party, the dance, the way he kissed Yuna, the way he was being so romantic with her. These thoughts dampened you and made you thirsty, coercing you to get off the bed and take off to the kitchen to get some water.

As you open the door to your room, your heart nearly leaps out of your chest.

"Ah!" You shriek, flinching at Jungkook's unexpected statuesque presence.

Speaking of the devil, he has arrived.

"Lord, you scared me." You put your palm on your chest, close your eyes, and sigh with relief. Your heart was thumping rapidly, and you could feel it.

"When'd you come?"

Silence. He doesn't respond.

Awkwardddd.

"Uhhh, how are you feeling now?"

Silence again.

He is silent and gazing intently into your soul. You are terrified, but much more so when he starts to approach you and you move backwards with each step he takes towards you. A look of great bitterness swept across his face. His eyes hardened and narrowed into slits.

"What are you-u doing?"

His silence terrified you more than anything.

His gut knotted with unrestrained anger that wanted to consume him from inside out. And he slammed the door shut behind him, continuing towards you until you were trapped between him and the wall, unable to flee. He made a fist out of his fingers and rammed them into the wall beside you, so violently that his knuckles began to bleed.

You gasped so uproariously that your breath hitched and you broadened your eyes gazing directly into his, with a stunned expression.

"How could you?!" He shouts, recalling when you said yes to Taehyung's proposal.

"What are you talking-g about?" You quickly close your eyes as his eyes begin to get darker and pierce every part of you.

"Open your eyes and look at me," he demanded fiercely. You moved your eyes not looking at him but rather the closed door behind him. "Into my eyes." He added.