Part 51

~ 51 ~

Do-Yun's heart stopped, and she felt pain radiate from her chest to her back. As soon as the shock subsided, a sickening sense of horror welled up inside of her and rage erupted. Her heartbeat was outpaced by the rivers of tears.

She was humiliated.

Her eyes narrowed and her teeth clenched together. She ran over to you and Jungkook, broke off your kiss, and forced you to turn around. She raised her palm and a forceful slap against your cheek was delivered. Your head jerks to the side as you gasp at how excruciatingly hard it was.

Taehyung's mother just slapped you and you needed a minute to take it all in.

"How could you do this to my son?!" Her protracted cries are the only way she can release her deep emotions.

"I'm sorry-y." You muttered incomprehensible things while choking on your sobs.

"Hey, hey aunty. Let's not do that." Jungkook protectively stood in front of you. He anxiously laughs.

"Move or you'll get a slap next!" She let out a loud growl of annoyance.

Jungkook pressed his lips in a thin line trying to hide his shock.

"He was blinded by love, he was so naive he didn't realize you held feelings for someone else!" she pressed her eyelids shut, crying. "You embarrassed him in front of everyone-e, you betrayed-d him."

Do-Yun lost all ability to contain her anguish and collapsed to the ground in a disorderly heap, sobbing incoherently.

Her husband rushed over to give her a hug and gently picked her up off the ground, but she was so overcome with grief that she resisted being moved.

Taehyung reached over to his mother too, sobbing. "Mom get up, it's not worth it-t." Hot torrents of grief coursed down his face.

You move Jungkook out of the way a little and take Taehyung by the arm, forcing him to face you.

"Don't touch me!" He snarled vehemently, his eyes bloodshot from grieving, and his face growing distraught.

"I'm sorry, I was gonna tell yo-"

"You had all the time in the fucking world to tell me you loved him," he exudes the salt of his soul, which drips from his eyes. "But no. You wanted to humiliate me in front of everyone at our damn wedding!"

"I'm really sorry. I liked Jungkook but I never realized it until now. That's why I ended this wedding before I betray your family and you later," you swiftly say before he has a chance to cut you off. "Please forgive m-"

"No, no, no don't talk, please," he placed a palm in front of your face, cutting off your words. "You're gonna manipulate me again. You manipulative bitch!"

"Hey!" Jungkook interfered.

"Please Jungkook," Taehyung took a vengeful breath. He places his palm in front of Jungkook now, stopping him. "If you were in my place, you'd react the same way." His eyes bled with pain.

The regret in Jungkook's eyes became apparent as they began to soften. He has always regarded Taehyung as an enemy and has never genuinely treated him as a friend.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook murmured with devastation.

"It's not your fault, Jungkook. I'm not gonna be mad at you nor hold a grudge against you," he inhaled through a clogged throat. "It's her fault. Her fault for always leading us both on and then doing this to embarrass us," his body looked calm compared to how tangled his mind was. "I always trusted you, Y/N. But now I know, you've only ever taken advantage of that. So fuck you, Y/N." He hissed, and then, with the assistance of his father, he dragged his sobbing mother out of the place and left with a broken heart when he was meant to mend it with yours.