TWENTY-ONE

**DISCLAIMER: I know that Jeff has been Harry's manager since 2016 BUT in this story, he doesn't so don't come for me pleaseeee it's just a part of the story okay ily all**

...

Chapter Song: Watermelon Sugar by Harry Styles

...

HARRY STYLES

Mitch and I walk into my home studio, and for once in the past few months of having nothing to prove myself as an artist, I have a feeling that today's session is going to go amazing. Amazing in the sense that I actually have some fucking ideas for songs. The unfortunate side to that is that they're all focused on the same person.

There are positives and negatives to that fact. I haven't even told her about To Be So Lonely yet, and I don't think I'm going to, but if today plays out how I want it to, then I'll end up with two songs written about her.

I sit down at the familiar piano as Mitch makes himself comfortable on the bean bag chair. I made the mistake of telling him I had an idea or two, so he makes no effort to try and get us started by tuning a guitar. If I start what I've come up with, there's a chance he could connect the dots and lead them back to Andrea. I doubt it will happen considering every time we've spoken about her, it's been solely in a friendly manner. I'm not sure if I'm ready to take that chance.

Since that night she's all I've thought about, all that I've craved and wanted. I mean I've never really had that type of feeling, but maybe it's just my eagerness for what I have in store for her. I'm not normally someone who does sex only relationships considering how attached the very few women I've tried it with ended up becoming after a few weeks. But this will be different, I have a feeling.

I know that our friendship will remain normal, neither of us let what happened affect the time we spent together after.

And the most important part of it all, neither of us acted like a fucking couple afterward, which was my biggest fear. I don't need a clingy girlfriend or any of that bullshit. I need a body to consensually fuck. And a friend outside of fucking her. It's the best of both worlds for both of us. We understand that once we're done, there's no more kissing, no holding each other, no hand holding, none of that. The most I'll do in that sense is help her clean herself up when we're done.

That's it.

She can use me while I use her. Any sight of attachment from her and I'm ending it. Most women tend to get needy and romantic with me after a while, they think they can handle just sex, but it never works out. Andrea was clear. I was clear. We both know that this will never go further than just sex, which is fucking relieving. I'll still be her friend, that won't change, but I know the boundaries. If she pushes past any of them, I'll tell her to stop. If I push past any of them, she'll tell me to stop.

Even though that will never fucking happen in this lifetime.

"Earth to Harold!"

Mitch's loud voice booms through the small studio, making me snap my head over to him as he waves his arm at me in an attempt to get my attention. Fuck I managed to get in my own head again. That's all I've been doing for the past few days.

"I was making fun of you and you didn't even hear it," he laughs and motions to the sunglasses on my head that I had forgotten about. I quickly take them off and toss them aside with a smile. "You're everywhere but here man, do you not want to write today? We can reschedule." His face is twisted in confusion, and slight concern.