SEVENTY-NINE

Chapter Songs:

Ghost of You by 5 Seconds of Summer

Finish Line by Delaney Bailey

...

HARRY STYLES

My head is on a swivel as I walk down the nearly vacant hallways of the hospital that I haven't visited in months. I'm running on nothing more than exhaustion and a cup of coffee, but I need to see her. I need to talk to her.

Jeff and Nate gave me strict instructions for staying unseen while the album is in the last stages of being completed. Not that I cared once I decided to try talking to Andrea again.

My first attempt was when I arrived at her apartment and tried knocking, hoping she'd miraculously be home and willing to speak to me. Even after I saw her car wasn't in the parking structure like it usually is.

Despite thoroughly preparing myself beforehand to lose all hope and be ready to go home just to wallow in self-pity when she didn't answer the door, for some reason, I was only motivated to try harder when it happened.

I'll be damned if a day goes by where she believes that I've given up on her...on us.

I've dealt with breakups before, but none like this. This heartbreak is one of the most painful experiences I've had to go through. It's absolutely fucking wrecked me; mentally, emotionally, and physically.

While falling endlessly in love with her, I never once considered the fact that she may leave me. We were so happy and good together that the thought alone seemed absolutely ridiculous.

Eventually, I had forgotten about the file because I had forced myself to push it aside for so long. It became a stupid mistake that I never thought would surface.

Deep down, I'm almost entirely sure that I knew I would lose her because of it if it were ever brought up, but the pure happiness she brought me consumed me entirely. After months of fighting against the strong affection I have reserved just for her, I allowed it to drown me. I stopped fighting the inevitable...and there was no turning back. My heart was entirely hers, and I was no longer afraid to show it, and neither was she.

Now, I haven't seen or spoken to her in thirty-four fucking days.

That doesn't mean I haven't tried. I have been every single day. Whether it's texting, calling, or sending her numerous flower bouquets because I know how much she loves them. The last time I was in her apartment, I noticed she hadn't replaced any of the plants that were destroyed during the break-in, so I sent her a few small ones to help her restart her collection again.

But I've gotten nothing in return...just complete silence.

So here I am, attempting to find her at work.

Aimlessly, at that.

My vans echoing against the tile floor is almost the only sound I can hear while trying to find a familiar face. Along with the occasional beeping emitting from the various machines in each room as I walk past a few open doors.

It's not very late, but I'm sure most patients here are sleeping or close to it. The last thing anyone needs is for me to wake someone up and cause a scene.

As I come up on one of the nurse stations, I extend my neck as much as I can before I'm even next to it, hoping I'll find her. Once I finally reach the edge of the counter, I see someone sitting with their back facing me, but it takes me less than a second to realize it isn't her.