SEVENTY-THREE

Chapter Song: Treat People With Kindness by Harry Styles

...

HARRY STYLES

"Good morning!" I exclaim happily while walking into the studio, making everyone turn to look at me. "Beautiful day today, isn't it?"

God, it feels good to be back here after so long.

It's like transporting back to making my debut album and documenting the entire process. Abbey Road Studios.

It felt right to end our time in Europe here. One last studio session together in a place that's so special to me.

Mitch looks at me as if I've got three heads, whereas Pauli and Sarah seem amused and excited to see that I'm in good spirits. The two of them simply smile at my positive attitude.

"Someone's in a good mood," Sarah points out.

She is, in fact, correct. I'm over the fucking moon right now, and rightfully so.

Not only did I get the best night's sleep since I first left after having the most mind-blowingly good phone sex with my ravishing girlfriend, but I woke up to find out that she's officially been promoted.

My darling is now a trauma nurse.

Fuck, I never jumped out of bed so quickly to call her on FaceTime to celebrate with her after I saw the multiple excited text messages.

She had happy tears filling her eyes when telling me the story. I almost let a few tears fall when she went on about how lucky she felt to be given this opportunity.

At first, I didn't understand what she meant, but then it all came together after a brief explanation.

"For years, I was selfish and only cared about myself. I never thought anything good would happen to me after everything, so I worked on doing my best to make up for it. I changed my outlook on life, which not only helped me get sober, but it helped me become a better person, and a better nurse."

It reminded me of the epiphany she gave me. One I had pushed to the back of my mind for some reason.

"You're absolutely right, Sarah," I say while Mitch looks at me, confused.

Pauli seems to notice Mitch's expression and lets out a laugh, "He's going home in a few days. You can't be surprised that he's all happy-go-lucky."

Mitch seems to gain clarity from Pauli's words and loosens his furrowed brows in understanding. He may put on a blank exterior from time to time, but we can see right through it.

They are nothing but correct with their statement, though. I've been dying to see Andrea again since I left.

Not to mention, going home means I can finally find out what the fuck happens after Avengers: Infinity War.

We made a pact to watch Endgame together when I got back, which has caused her to go a little stir-crazy.

I walk over to the piano and sit on the bench, my back facing the keys as I hold my notebook tightly.

Hearing Andrea's excitement and happiness this morning were all I needed to revisit an idea that sparked months ago. One that she inspired me to initiate, but I never had the motivation to finish it until now.

"Not only am I happy about that, but," I pause to hold up my notebook, "I have a song I want to finish."

Mitch's attention has officially been grabbed, and Sarah raises her brows in interest.