SEVENTY-FOUR

Chapter Song: Do It For Me by Rosenfeld

...

ANDREA WILSON

I can barely keep myself still as I shift my weight between my two feet while watching Harry's plane begin making its way across the airport's tarmac to its designated parking area.

When Nate mentioned that I'd be allowed to join him to pick Harry up, let alone this close to the plane, I was shocked. Then I was informed it's normal when picking someone up that has flown private.

It was my first time even coming to the airport, so my nerves were higher than usual when following Nate up to the correct gate.

The only time I remember being at an airport was to pick up my mom after a so-called business trip, and it was the one that's located in San Diego. The Los Angeles airport is much more daunting.

"Why did we have to take separate cars again?" Nate asks me while opening the trunk of the black SUV he drove for Harry's bags.

He didn't seem bothered when I asked to drive in separate cars, and I think he figured I simply wanted the chance to drive one of Harry's cars, which was not the case.

I have always been a cautious driver, but driving Harry's Porsche today? It felt like I was retaking my driving exam, with someone watching my every move.

I stayed in the slow lane on the freeway and went below the speed limit the entire way here.

"Harry mentioned that he missed driving his cars while he was away," I begin while leaning against the trunk, "and most of his cars are manual, so I chose one that I knew was automatic."

Nate nods in understanding but still has his brows furrowed as if he doesn't fully understand. He squints his eyes at me, and I avoid acknowledging it as long as I can, but he doesn't give in.

"No, no...there's more to it," he urges with a teasing tone, making me scoff and shake my head to cover up the truth, "otherwise, you wouldn't have told him you had to work today so you could surprise him when he gets off the plane."

Shit.

I didn't think about how those two would overlap.

"And that still doesn't explain taking separate cars!" He points out again with raised brows and points his finger at me.

With a roll of my eyes, I laugh, knowing that he's going to regret pushing it in about two seconds.

"I wanted to bring two cars because I'm freshly waxed and showered and haven't seen my boyfriend in almost two months," I state blatantly, and he freezes in place as the realization hits him.

He wanted honesty, and well, he's got it.

"If you'd like, I can continue-"

"Nope," he quickly declines with a cringed expression, "I've got an idea as to what the fuck is about to happen in that car, and I don't need a walk down memory lane to walking in on you two."

I can't help but laugh loudly at his reaction, and I'm incredibly grateful to be feeling so happy and well after all the shit that has happened.

Nate and I have grown closer in our friendship since that night. Before, there was always this boundary, but it's nice now that it's been broken down.

"You asked!" I exclaim.

He gasps and looks me up and down, "that's why you wore a short dress!"

My face twists into a shocked expression at his accusation, despite it being entirely accurate. I brush my hands over the hem of my dress, "not true!"