FIFTY-ONE

ANDREA WILSON

I hold tightly on to Harry's hand as I lead the two of us through the crowded room, muttering apologies to every random people I bump into. We both tighten the grip between our intertwined fingers both tighten their grip to make sure that we don't get separated.

My eyes glance at the ground every few seconds to make sure that I don't step on an empty cup or trip over anything. I may be able to walk in heels, but since I'm out of practice, that makes the probability of me falling much higher.

The feeling of Harry's rings rubbing against my bare fingers is enough to stir up that reoccurring feeling throughout my entire body. One that absolutely terrifies and excites me all at the same time.

When I first got here tonight, I had done my best to accept the fact that even after all the adorable and generous make-shift Christmas Harry put together, it didn't mean that suddenly we would be spending tonight together. I understood that going to a party with quite literally no security wouldn't be the best decision in case anything were to happen.

But then I looked up to see him walking toward me.

I felt an entirely new level of happiness ignite within me the second I saw him. It gave me a head rush from how suddenly it flooded through me. Without any thought, I reacted on that feeling, rather than running away from it as I have been.

Constantly having to hold myself back from saying certain things or being affectionate towards him when it's just the two of us is starting to become nearly impossible and utterly exhausting. I know that I'm the worst person to start a relationship with, but I'm not even sure if either of us wants that right now. For all I know, he could be keeping things between us incredibly casual and sleeping with someone else when he wants. He could have in London.

It's all confusing. We started off as friends, then became friends who sleep together. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do when feelings get in the mix of all that clutter as well.

Part of me just wishes that I didn't need to have a filter on around him to make sure that I don't say something that crosses the line or do something that goes over the boundary of being more than friends are fucking.

Even though he may have pissed me off a few days ago, it's been weeks since I've been close to him. I made sure to keep a decent distance between the two of us when he was in my bed. This morning was an exception, but it was a good exception in my opinion. I know that I don't just mean close physically, but I'll leave overthinking that for another time.

I think a part of me knew that dancing with him wouldn't last long, especially with how fucking amazing he looks tonight, but it meant that I could be close to him. Plus, only he could make a suit jacket and dress pants look that good. It's a bit unfair.

We both manage to squeeze through the last bit of crowded people, and I lead us down the hallway that is a bit hidden from the rest of the house. Well, at least hidden from where everyone wants to be, around the immense amount of alcohol Jo bought for tonight.

One good thing about Jo constantly talking about this party throughout the weeks leading up to it is that, for the most part, I know quite literally everything about this house. Including a bedroom that was more isolated from the common areas.

I lead him towards the closed door, and I reach my hand out to open it until I hear a woman moan pretty loudly. My movements immediately freeze, leaving my hand to hover over the knob as I hear Harry stifling his laugh.

Sounds familiar. Guess Jo found someone to fuck.

Harry's laughter only makes mine begin to rise to the surface, and I refuse to let him know that it's her. He would never say something to her, but knowing him, I wouldn't live it down.