FIVE

ANDREA WILSON

"I asked you to sit with me so we could talk, not so you could do paperwork, love." I hear Harry bugging me for the thousandth time in the past ten minutes.

He taps my shoulder in an attempt to get me to look up at him.

"Doing work here," I mumble, signing off yet another chart.

I will always be amazed by the reasons people come to the ER. I feel Harry poke my arm, and I glance up at him. His smile grows as I look up at him. I have to admit he is pretty cute, but he's very pushy.

"Come on, love, talk to me. How's your night been?" he asks.

I can't tell if he's still intoxicated or sober. His words aren't as slurred as they were two hours ago.

"My night has been boring and stressful if those two can even go together." 

I chuckle softly and finally set down my charts. I lean back in the chair and cross my legs over the other.

"Your night got better when I arrived, isn't that right, babe?" He winks at me, making me roll my eyes. I shake my head at him.

"No, I just hate this shift; it's super slow with no one coming in, like tonight. Or filled with people coming in with stupid injuries. Or in need of a quick sober-up solution," I raise my brow at him and point to the IV bag that is almost empty now.

Which means that it's almost time for him to leave. I'm happy and sad. I will never admit this to him, but he's improved my night slightly.

"Hey," he makes his bottom lip pout. He doesn't hold it for long, though, as he laughs at himself. "What do you mean stupid injuries, though?"

I stifle my laugh as I think about the many that have rolled in here tonight. I shake my head as I giggle, knowing I can't tell him about other patients because of policy.

"Come on! I'll tell you something about me; no one knows." He tries reasoning with me, but I don't believe him for a second.

"I may not know you or what you do, but I'm pretty sure everything about you is on the internet." I raise my brows at him, and he sighs in defeat.

"I doubt you'll look it up, so I'll tell you something about me that no one knows, and you tell me what a weird injury tonight was," He says and attempts to give me the puppy eyes that somehow work.

"Okay, fine, but you can't tell anyone, or I will get fired, okay?" I tell him with complete seriousness, and he nods.

"Well, there was an older couple that came in with a dildo stuck inside her husband's... rectum, and the doctors had to remove it," I tell him, trying to stay hushed but can't because of my laughter.

Trying to say that professionally is almost impossible. Once I finish my sentence, Harry has tears nearly coming out of his eyes, and I bring a finger up to my lips in an attempt to shush him.

"You've got to be fucking joking," he says as his laughter dies down. It really is contagious, I kinda want to tell him a stupid joke to hear it again.

"I'm not, but it did waste a few hours of my time," I say, laughing still.

"So what are you gonna tell me about you that I will never find out from anyone or anywhere else?" I cock my eyebrow up at him, and he smirks. 

He motions me closer to his bed, and as soon as I lean my elbows against the bed, his mouth is next to my ear.

"No one knows that I've wanted to fuck you since you walked through that curtain right there," he whispers, making my breath hitch.