19

I just want to hear words spill out of her mouth until there's nothing left but a measly drop, a secret maybe, resting on her tongue. I want to know that too, of course.

Billie continues to drive me home, and I get a little sad that she won't be joining me inside. I understand though, I've been taking up almost all of her time the past couple days.

Billie's hand on my leg remains, and we turn onto my street.

"Thanks, Billie, for driving me home."

She smiles as she pulls over in front of my house, "No problem. I enjoy your company."

I smile, "Same."

Before I get out of the car, Billie puts it in park and pulls her phone out of her pocket. She hesitates for a moment, seeming to gather up some courage, "Can I please have your number?" she asks.

I find her adorable, asking as if she's unsure.

"Of course you can, Billie," I say with a grin, taking her phone when she hands it to me. I put in my number and hand it back to her.

She smiles triumphantly, "Thank you, Baby."

I blush, "You're welcome."

We say our goodbyes and I step out of Billie's car. She remains out front, watching over me until I'm safely inside my house, before driving away with a roar of her engine.

No one will be home for a couple hours, so I decide to pass the time with a quick shower and a movie.

As I relax, my mind wanders back to Billie. I can't help but continue to imagine our first kiss. I fantasize about the countless ways in which it could play out. I've never kissed anyone, let alone a girl, so I only have a vague idea of what it could be like.

Knowing Billie, it would be amazing.

"We're home!" I hear from my parents, entering my house, this time, with groceries in hand. I find it adorable that they shop together, and hope my future husband and I have a similar relationship.

My brother and sister walk in behind them, also loaded with groceries, and arguing over who's bags are heavier.

"Mine has the milk in it," my sister says, attempting to prove her point.

"Well mine," my brother argues, "has the jar of pickles and the ice cream."

They both roll their eyes and continue to walk into the kitchen. I laugh to myself, but try to stay quiet as not to be included in their banter.

I help my family stow away the groceries and migrate up to my bedroom where I can finish my movie.

The rest of the night is nice, I had dinner with my family and my siblings were able to stop arguing for a bit.

After everyone has gone to bed I head up to my bedroom myself, when I hear a knock on the door. I freeze, unsure who would be here so late at night, and wondering if my loungewear is too revealing to answer the door.

I ultimately decide that only half my butt is hanging out, so it's appropriate enough, and approach the door to answer it. I look through the peephole to see the most adorable, heartwarming thing I've ever laid eyes on.