35

I whine at the butterflies and Billie leans in, catching my lips in hers. We kiss for a few long seconds, until we both pull away, not wanting to accidentally make out in the car outside of school. Billie puts it into drive with a cheesy smile and drives us home.

.

On Saturday morning, I wake up to a text from Billie.

"Good morning, Princess. I thought I'd text you and tell you that I'm planning to pick you up at 5. Is that a good time? I was thinking we could get dinner after."

I smile to myself, getting butterflies from her sweet text.

"Yes, that sounds super fun! I'm excited ;)"

After replying, I look at the wink I sent, wondering if it was too much. She starts typing, and I bite my lip, nervous and excited for how she replies.

I'm not used to texting her.

";)"

I giggle to myself at her message, and immediately slap my hand over my mouth. She didn't even wink in real life and I still got flustered.

I shake my head, smiling to myself, and get up to brush my teeth. As I'm brushing, I smell something sweet and warm coming from down stairs.

I smile to myself as I head to the kitchen, excited for pancakes.

"Good morning, Dez! I was just about to see if you wanted any of these before I finish making them."

Still groggy from sleep, I reply less enthusiastically, "Yes, thank you Mom."

"You're welcome, Honey," I walk past my siblings at the table to watch her cook. She leans into my ear, whispering, "A special breakfast for a special day."

My eyes widen and I remain quiet, feeling myself blush at her comment. I told her I was hanging out with Billie today, but I tried my hardest to make it sound like we were just two friends going to the roller rink together.

Does she know?

I push away my thoughts, not wanting to worry about that, and graciously accept my pancakes.

.

"Bye, Mom! I'll text you when we get there."

"Have fun!" She smirks, "Don't have too much fun, though."

I awkwardly laugh, "Don't worry, Mom."

I step out the door and rush to Billie's car. Not even looking at her, I speak, "I think she knows."

There's a couple seconds of silence, "Uhh, who knows what?"

I turn my head to look at my date, unwillingly gasping.

"Billie!"

She smiles to herself, "You like it?"

My mouth falls open, and I cover it with my hand, "I- uhh, you look amazing."

I blush and cower slightly, embarrassed by my reaction to Billie's dress.

"Oh, don't be shy, now," Billie giggles, "You are very sweet."