Small talk

Jungkook pov

I get a message from Neani that the upcoming tour dates get cancelled and changed due to tickets being sold out and fans complaining that the venue is too small, so they are looking for larger venues.

My phone rings; it's Neani calling, so I pick up.

OTP

Neani: Kookie

JUNGKOOK: NE

Neani: Sean will be back from his work.
trip, so I have to cancel our plans for tonight.
as he asked me to meet with him for dinner.

Jungkook: Whatever, let me know when you are free.
I am heading into the building, so I have got to go.

Neani: okay love you Kookie

Jungkook: okay Ne

—————-//// End of call ————///

I make my way into Studio 2. Since Yoongi said he would be there all day, I passed all the staff that greet me normally. I am here with my assistant Lia, but I send her on a wild goose chase with her brother so I can get some me-time alone.

I open the door and see Yoongi playing around. I'm flirting with Y/N. "What are you doing?" I say it with a slight hint of rage. Leaning on the doorway, I wait for a response typical of Yoongi trying to hook up with the female artist on the label.

I look at Y/N, and she is avoiding making any contact. "So are none of you going to speak?" I said, observing them.

"Aren't you supposed to be on tour?" Yoongi asks.

"Dude, I texted you earlier on asking what you were doing because I am not touring for two weeks," I say.

"Oh, my bad bro I thought you were just being nosey," he replies.

"So, what are you two doing?" I ask again.

"Working on music" Yoongi replies

"What kind?" I ask.

"Just music," Y/N says bluntly.

Yoongi's phone rings, and he gets up. "Sorry, I've got to take this call. I will be back after," he says, picking up the call while leaving.

I grab his seat and sit down.

Y/N goes on her phone, but I tap her "hey Y/N," greeting her, and she looks at me and says, Hey."" She replies reluctantly.

"What's with the attitude?" I ask. She just shrugs. "Nothing; I am just tired, that's all, "she says.

I try to start a conversation to lighten the mood. "How are you finding the record label company?" I say, and she just shrugs. "It is okay, I guess," she says.

"What are you doing tomorrow night, Y/N?" I ask.

"Depends on why you are asking me," she responds, looking at me all suspiciously, and I sigh. "I wanted to apologise to you as to when we last spoke, you thought my apology wasn't genuine, so I want to make amends," I explain, and she scrunches her nose quickly. "I will see," she says.
Being brave, I take the risk. "Then, can I have your number?" I ask. She just gave me an awkward stare again. Hestitantly, she looks at me. "Why?" she replies.

"So I can contact you," I say, explaining the obvious reason this is harder than I thought watching her stay silent. "How about this? You give me your number, and I will choose what to do with it," she says.

Fine I airdrop my number to her and watch her save it as 'Jungkook' stares at me. "Done, I saved your number," she says, showing me, and I smile, trying to be friendly, but she goes back to being silent.

"Before you text me, let me just put your name so I know who it is, and don't give out my name to strangers or anyone I do not know," I say.

Y/N just nods at me. It's as if she is purposely going quiet to end the conversation, so I break the silence. "And what are you guys working on?" I ask.

She shrugs. "We haven't started yet; it is our first session, "she says, which reminds me of another project that she is working on. "What about the thing you were working on?" I ask, and she scrunches her nose, which I notice is a habit of hers. "I'm not feeling it any more," she replies.

"Why?" I ask curiously, hearing it last time; it has so much potential to be a hit. "I couldn't finish it; I lost the motivation," she says.

"Can I help you finish it? I know what it is missing," I say, as I do believe that the song she is walking on has a lot of potential. She sighs and gives it to me straight. "Jungkook, I am not sure if I want to be around you," she bursts out.

"Why Y/N?" I ask, not understanding what I have done wrong.

"Because, like I said, you seem like that guy that I should avoid," she explains, hitting my ego, so I scoff. "And you think Yoongi is any better?" I say this with my brows raised. And she looks at me unbothered. "No, that's why I plan to keep it strictly a business thing," she says.

"Play fighting and flirting about your beauty mark is a strictly business thing, huh?" I say.

"Okay, you have a point, but nothing else happened, so what's the big deal?" She says it in denial. She doesn't know how Yoongi gets down, so I'm looking At her clueless expression, she said, "If you want to maintain your record deal, keep it strictly business; don't talk to other males on this record label."

She stares at me, confused. "What are you on about Jungkook?" she says.

"Just take that advice anyway." I am leaving. I have some things to work on in Studio 1. When you are done, come see me. I have a surprise that you will like." I say, standing up and getting ready to leave. I close the door, and Yoongi looks at me with suspicious eyes. "What are you planning, bro?" he says, looking at me.

"I should ask you the same: is this another opportunity for you to hook up with the female artist?" I say.

"What is it to you, bro, and who says I am trying to hook up with her? What if I have different intentions?" he replies.

"Yeah, right, bro, you can fool me. I know you too well. Before you try to take things further, I was there first. She didn't tell you about our encounter two weeks ago, did she? So stay away from her and keep it strictly business, okay?" I say this before walking away.

Yoongi just stares, unbothered. I have a feeling he has a few tricks up his sleeve to try to get you, but I won't let him.

 I have a feeling he has a few tricks up his sleeve to try to get you, but I won't let him