Chapter 5

The last couple of weeks have been you and William basically working on animatronics and reading the manual. You finally finished Freddy and was moving on to Bonnie. You are starting to understand the concept and can do the basic wires without any of William's help. Henry had been starting to notice your new-found skills and persistence and bumped your position up to a minor co-worker. You and William also have a new understanding of each other.

Today, it was going over the clippings of the animatronics and how to perfect their movements.

You and William sat in the room with a fully completed Freddy, wire wise. Will mentioned how Freddy's was getting complaints because of how unsettling the robotics move, and gave their children nightmares, so, he had this idea to perfect their rigged movements to slow them down and make them smooth. But, how he said he was going to try it unsettled you.

He stood up and flipped through the manual with his middle and index finger, not finding a single thing on how to slow the movements down.

You also, standing up beside him, was inspecting the manual incase he missed something.

But, as to your luck, there was nothing to be found.

"Hm," he started, "I have an idea, but I'm not so sure." He mumbled the last part, still staring at the pages.

"Well, what is it?" You squinted you eyes, trying to get a better view of the manual sitting in front of him.

He closed the book with a swift flick of his wrist and put his hands on the edge of the desk, seeming to be in deep thought.

"Well, I use this rubber seal in between the joints so when it turns, it will slow it down and even help them from rusting and creaking." He said, biting the inside of his lip.

"Ok, well then, just do that." You said simply.

"It's not that easy." He stated.

"Why not?"

"Because in order to do that, I need to reach down through the wires and endoskeleton."

"They're not spring locks though." 

He exhaled a quick laugh as you stated the obvious.

"Right, but these wires have heavy voltage, which are like the ones that run a jet."

"Well, can't you just turn the animatronic off?"

He sighed and rose from his previous position, rolling his sleeves up.

"Yes, if you want to put every single wire back together."

"There's probably another way. Don't stick your arms down into something that could kill you!" You said cautiously.

He looked at you and raised one eyebrow.

"I stuck my whole body in something that could kill me, darling. And I'm still here."

You took a deep breath and nodded. I'm probably more nervous than he is. You thought.

He grabbed a thin, rectangular rubber piece from the desk and went as close to the animatronic as possible. With a gentle push up, he removed Freddy's head, along with the endoskeleton's so there wasn't anymore rewiring to do.

You looked around to see if there was any options of gloves that he could possibly wear, but found none.

With the thin rubber piece still in hand, he raised both of his arms and slowly lowered them into the torso.

You moved closer so if anything would happen, you would be there.

He stared down into the torso watching every movement his hands were making, being sure not to touch the wires.