Chapter 19

It was now Friday morning at four o'clock and you were going over to William's house.

As you arrived, you saw William standing on his front porch, waiting for you to pick him up with a cigarette in his hand.

As you pulled into his driveway, he extinguished the cigarette and tossed it on the concrete.

He hopped into your car and you both drove off to Freddy's.

You wanted to investigate more as you knew you saw something last night.

You didn't want to bring Henry into this because he deserved to have days off because of how hard working he was.

You and William arrived at Freddy's and noticed there wasn't any police there.

There was yellow crime scene tape around the main entrance, so you and William went to the back.

The door was locked as you tried desperately to open it. The cops took William's, Henry's, and your keys away, obviously to keep you out.

William motioned for you to follow him.

"There's a window around this way. It's never locked." He said.

You followed him as you came across a small, square window.

He pushed the pane up.

It was hard to move, but it eventually opened all the way.

He helped you climb through as you landed on top of some boxes. Since he was tall, he had less trouble getting in.

You stood up straight and turned on your flashlight, shining it in front of you. It was a small storage room with many boxes.

William brushed himself off and closed the window behind him, following you.

You walked out of the storage room and looked around, trying to find out where the vent you saw last night was.

You caught sight of the kitchen door and traced your steps from there.

You finally came face to face with the unscrewed vent, although it seemed to be moved from last night.

Maybe a cop got to it first.

You sighed and turned around to William.

"They could've already searched through it." You sounded disappointed.

He moved in front of you and kicked the metal vent guard out of the way.

"I doubt they actually went in there." He assured you.

You put your hands on your hips and squinted at him.

"Shouldn't you know where this vent leads to?" You questioned.

He shrugged and shook his head.

"I'm not the one who built this place, and I've never seen any other vents in a room other than this one." He admitted.

You nodded slowly and inhaled.

"Well, do you want to go first or me?" You asked.

He tilted his head and grinned.

"Are you scared?" He joked.

"What! No!" You defended yourself.

You gave him an angry look as he laughed.

"I'm going first." He said.

He rolled his sleeves up and got on his hands and knees. He lowered his head and started to crawl through the vent.