Chapter 17

You noticed William hasn't been to work in the past few days. You tried calling him many times. He didn't come to pick you up one morning and he was gone afterwards.

You tried asking Henry but he shrugged, unsure of where he went.

You remembered the key William have given you, an extra one, to his house. You decided that since he wasn't going to call you, you were going to see him.

You pull into his driveway then walked to the front door, knocking first. You sat and knocked for a few minutes, but there was no answer.

You fobbed the key into the door handle and turned it, the door slowly opening.

You step inside and peek around the corner.

There were no lights on and the place seemed empty.

"William?" You called.

No answer.

You flipped on a light and walked around his house, investigating where he might've went.

You didn't want to intrude but felt you might have to, considering he was technically missing for three days.

You searched the first floor first, the one you were most familiar with, then went upstairs.

You came across a closed door. You slowly approached it and turned the handle.

You look inside to pitch darkness. A shiver went down your spine as you felt a cold breeze. You turn on the light and realize the bedroom window was wide open.

You walk further into the room and close the window. You look around at what you assumed to be William's room.

I guess looking around won't hurt.

You searched the area.

You looked into the drawers and nightstand, not finding anything giving hints. You searched through the two-door closet.

You noticed there was a rectangular crack in the wall to the right of the doors. It had a small hook protruding out, almost as if was a safe.

You bent down to the small hook and grabbed hold of it, pulling it outward.

The piece of wall came out with ease.

There's probably money in here.

You grabbed a small flashlight and turned it on in the opening.

There was shiny, metallic colors gleeming to the flashlight.

You looked in confusion as you reached your hand in to take the metal out.

You took out a piece and realized it was not what you thought.

William kept a hidden stash of knives.

You didn't think much of it.

Maybe he likes collecting knives.

Yeah, probably.

You put the knife back where you got it and closed the safe, backing out from the closet.

Just as you were, you bumped into something you thought wasn't there before.

"Hello, darling." You heard someone say.

You whipped your head around to reveal William standing behind you with a sadistic grin plastered on his face.

You look at him in shock and try to find the words that said I'm sorry for breaking in.

"What are you doing?" He asked calmly.