Chapter 8.5

You sat there on the barstool, and downed your fifth shot of the night. 

You noticed in your peripheral vision that William was watching your every move, his elbow resting on the table top and his body faced towards you.

Your vision started to get hazy and you turned to face towards him, squinting your eyes to see his face clearly. You grabbed the unopened bottle of vodka and extended it towards William.

He shook his head.

"I still have to drive home, darling." He sighed.

You lowered your head and put the bottle back onto the table.

William's POV:

She tried to offer me the bottle, but I refused. I just couldn't. Who knows how I'll act now. I can't remember the night before, but I could only imagine I was about to lash out. This time, it could've happened for real.

She dipped her head and poured herself another drink, downing it as easy as she poured it. I sighed and grabbed the bottle and shot glass from her. She had enough.

She looked disappointed and rolled her eyes.

"Here comes the party pooper..." She sighed.

"You're the one that invited me in here." I grinned.

I stayed looking at her for a while, her eyes practically closed.

After a while, she looked up at me with desperate eyes.

"Can we dance again?" She asked, her voice breaking as her eyes turned glossy.

 I glanced at her with sympathetic eyes and nodded. She helped me last night, I could help her this night.

She brought me to her living room, turning on the television and playing slow music, the only light coming from the kitchen and the TV. She moved the coffee table to the side so there was an open space on the hardwood floor.

I stood in the center of the room. She came up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck while I wrapped mine around her waist.

Just as we did a few nights ago, we swayed to the tune, both focusing our eyes on the other's. Her breath faltered and became slower.

She moved her hands from my neck and wrapped them around my waist, soon enough, putting her head against my chest.

I began to hear her crying and remember how last time, she stated it as her drunk crying.

I turned her chin with my index finger to face me. She looked at me with tears rolling down her cheeks and nose.

She brought her left hand back up to my neck and brought me down to her level, my eyes never leaving hers as our faces were centimetres apart.

Her eyes quickly filled with want.

"Kiss me." She said. "Please."

I brought my face backwards a few inches.

I furrowed my eyebrows and frowned.

This wasn't the right time.

I shook my head.

"I can't." I said breathlessly.

She still looked at me, even more desperate than last.

"You're drunk." I expressed, hoping she would understand.

She nodded and returned her head into my chest.

I sighed in relief and held her head close to me with my free hand, resting my chin on her.

We still swayed to the rhythm. Her breathing went back to normal and my only guess was that she wasn't crying anymore.

I couldn't kiss her. Not like this. She hadn't gotten her mind back.

"Why don't you lay down and sleep?" I asked her, her head coming back to face me and her eyes back on mine.

She nodded an began to walk away from the couches.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"My room. Can you come?" She asked me with a desperate voice once again. 

I sighed and nodded, not wanting to leave her like this after I rejected her, on good thought though.

She grabbed my hand and led me up a set of stairs. She kicked off her shoes.

"Can you turn around?" She asked, starting to undress herself.

My eyes turned wide and I immediately whipped my head around, facing the way from where we came.

"Done." She said.

I turned back around, hoping it wasn't going to be what I thought it was.

She was wearing normal pj pants and a random t-shirt. Thank Christ.

"Wait here." She said, and stumbled back down the stairs. 

She came back with a set of clothes in hand, a grey t-shirt and a pair of black sweatpants. She handed them to me.

"These are my dad's, but he won't be here for another few days." She said, motioning for me to change.

I undid my tie and folded it nicely on the floor. I faced around the opposite way of her and undid my shirt buttons, then taking the piece of fabric off of my torso. I turned my head enough and saw her in my peripheral vision, watching every move I made. She watched my back, probably staring at the obvious scars. I pulled the grey shirt over my head then undid my belt, quickly pulling my pants off then putting the other ones on.

I turned back around and she was getting on the right side of the bed, pulling the covers over top of her.

"Can you lay with me?" She asked, peeking her eyes from out under the covers.

I sighed and nodded my head, climbing under the floral covers, only covering my legs, leaving my torso exposed. 

She flipped her body over to face me.

She fixated her eyes on my face, trailing my features. I turned to look at her but she adverted her eyes away.

She flipped back over, facing away from me.

"Came you come closer." I heard her ask.

I turned my body to face her, scooting towards her, my head resting by her neck. She shivered from my breath hitting her neck.

She scooted backwards, her back hitting my abdomen and my frame cupping hers.

She reached over with her hand and grabbed mine, putting it around her torso.

I propped my head up with my elbow on the bed, watching her chest rise and fall with every movement.

With my index and middle fingers, I moved her hair away from her face, taking in her complexion.

I then rested my head in the crook of her neck and closed my eyes, falling asleep instantly.

A bit corny, I know. What a tease I am. If I'm going to make this story long, ya'll are going to have to wait for it ;)