Chapter 8

You woke up the next morning, your body contorted on the soft couch. You sat up and felt an absence... Will. Will?

You looked at the alarm, which hasn't gone off yet. It was still dark outside, seeing that it was only five in the morning.

You heard clanking in the kitchen. You stood up on your feet and rubbed your eyes, walking towards the sounds.

You peek your head around the corner and see William at the counter, making coffee. He turns around and sees you.

"Coffee?" He asked.

"Sure."

You smiled and sat at the table.

He set a dark coffee in front of you along with creamer and sugar.

"Thanks." You smiled gratefully.

He turned back around and leaned on the counter with with his coffee in hands. He looked exhausted still.

He inhaled and exhaled, putting down his coffee, looking at you.

"I'm sorry about last night." He said apologetic.

You shook your head.

"I'm glad I helped you." You said smiling.

He bit the inside of his lips and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why?" He asked, focusing his stare at you.

You gave him a concerned glance.

"It's the least I could've done. I mean, you're the reason I got this job in the first place and you helped me with all of my stress, so I helped you with yours." You assured him.

He shook his head and gripped his arms together tightly.

"I don't deserve it." He mumbled.

You tilted your head and examined his expression. He kept his eyes adverted from your and his head down.

"Why don't you deserve it?"

He shrugged.

"You don't want to know." He sighed.

"If this is about whatever past you had and possibly bad things you have done, I don't see people for their previous actions. I only see them as the people I've first met. Good first impressions, I guess."

He glanced up at you, inhaling and exhaling deeply. He smiled softly.

"Thank you. For everything." He said.

You smiled and nodded, hearing the alarm in the other room go off.

"Are you good to drive?" You asked.

He nodded.

"Alright, get ready. We are going to stop at my house so I can get changed and pick up my sister. I'll be in the car waiting." You said.

He nodded and walked away as you turned around and grabbed your jacket, walking out to his car.

William's POV:

I hate lying to her like this. I want to tell her the truth, but I know it will scare her off. That's the last thing I need right now.

I went up to my room and put on my uniform, straightening it out and putting on my tie. I walked back downstairs and headed out the door, seeing Y/N already in the passenger side.

I wasn't sure how to process last night. I hardly remember it. All I remember is that I was drunk, somehow called Y/N, and that's it.

I got into the drivers seat and started the car, driving off to Y/N's house.