Chapter 18

The next morning, you showed up on William's doorsteps at seven in the morning.

You knocked and waited for him to open the door.

Just then, the door slowly opens as you see William standing there looking exhausted.

Without saying a word, you pushed past him and walk through his house, setting your things on his kitchen counter.

You heard William sigh as he sat down at once of the chairs in the kitchen.

"Shouldn't we just let the police men do their work?" He suggested.

You sat across the table from him and shook your head.

"No, especially since you weren't even at Freddy's the past few days, which means you could've helped the kids." You explained.

He rolled his eyes and rested his chin on his palm, waiting for you to start.

You pull out a video tape and held it in front of William.

He squinted his eyes and examined the tape.

"What is this?" He asked.

"The security footage." You grinned. "I stole it."

He gave you a worried look mixed with what the hell.

He set the tape down and you grabbed it, taking it to the living room.

William followed you as you entered, sitting in front of the television and inserting the tape.

You scrolled through the recent days and hours that went by. There were cameras everywhere, except for in the kitchen and William and Henry's offices.

You scrolled until you found the days when William wasn't there, inspecting the areas closely.

William pulled out a newspaper which he had received this morning and started to go through it.

You turned and looked at him annoyed.

"Are you really not going to help?" You sounded disappointed.

Without saying a word, he smirked then turned the paper to you, pointing at a list of names and pictures seeming to be young kids.

The headline read 'Kids missing at local restaurant' .

You smiled at William and took the paper from him, reading the names then examining the pictures.

There was a total of four kids missing, all last seen at Freddy's.

You turned back to the footage and searched for the faces of those kids on the camera. Just then, you spotted one.

The little girl named Cassidy.

She was running around with the other children in the main stage area. Her and the kids ran into the arcade, but Cassidy was gone, and the other kids were still playing.

There must be blind spots between those cameras.

You continued to flip through the cameras to see if she may have went anywhere else.

After you flipped through them all, the went back to the arcade camera and saw her laying on the floor, crying.

She seemed as if she was hurt, holding her knee to her chest.

As that was happening, something, or someone, caught her eye. She stood up and walked toward whatever she was looking at and was off camera.

You flipped to the next closest camera, but nothing was to be seen.