Chapter 10

The next morning, you and William arrived at Freddy's, opening the place up, as per usual.

You tried to think of how you were going to start the question.

Maybe I tell him a lot about me, then ask about him? No. It would seem too obvious.

William vanishes into the kitchen to turn on all of the breakers while you sat in thought.

He didn't seem to have a family. He freaked out when he was drunk both times.

And just like that, a light bulb went off inside your head.

I'll have to find an excuse to get him drunk again.

You remembered both times when he hyperventilated and didn't calm down until he saw you. That has to be tied to his past.

"Are you ok?" Someone asked.

You turned around to face the voice and met William. You hadn't noticed how long you were in thought for.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You said, smiling.

Maybe I could ask Henry some stuff.

As if right on queue, Henry walks in the front doors, greeting you and William, then walking to his office.

Just then, you both walked back to your work station in the 'creation room' and continued what you both were doing yesterday. As you worked, you thought on how you were going to talk to Henry in private.

Maybe I could tell William I am going to ask Henry if I could bring my sister again...

You shook your head visibly and bit the inside of your lip.

You looked up and saw William looking at you with concerned eyes.

"What?" You asked.

He shook his head.

"Something on your mind?" He asked, looking back down at his work.

Now's my chance to say something to get away for a second.

"What do you think about me taking my sister here again for a day... like, tomorrow or something?" You asked, not knowing what else to say.

He shrugged.

"It's fine by me. Might wanna ask Henry though." He stated.

You nodded your head.

"I'll do that right now, be right back!" You stood up from your seat and walked out quickly.

Well that wasn't suspicious or anything.

If you learned anything about William, is that he's very aware of what's happening. He knows when something is going on.

You speed-walked to Henry's office before knocking on it twice, hearing a faint voice on the other side of the door.

"Come in." You heard the voice.

You opened the door and walked in, greeted by Henry.

"Y/N! What's up?" He smiled.

You sat down in the chair across from his desk and folded your hands in your lap.

"Will you promise to not tell anyone, even William, of the conversation we're about to have right now?" You asked seriously.

He gave you a confused look and nodded his head slowly.

You inhaled and exhaled deeply.

"William has been shutting people out recently and I need to know why..." You started. "Do you have any leads, or why he may be... lashing out?" You asked.