Emma Watson at the HeForShe Campaign

requested by: emilyramsey145598

" Now I know That we always stand for equal rights Between All Genders so Today I thought why not educate you" Loki says.

Hermione and Ginny were smiling brightly.

" This Video is way longer than the rest so sit tight and Listen" Loki says as She starts The Video.

" And now let's turn to a young woman who has chosen to lend her voice to this very important solidarity movement. She's a leading British actor, an advocate for gender equality in her own right. She's been involved with a promotion of girl's education for several years. As part of her humanitarian efforts she has visited Bangladesh, Zambia. Recently returned as we just heard from Uruguay on her first mission with UN women. Ladies and Gentlemen, please join me in welcoming to this stage our co-host and the UN Women's Global Goodwill Ambassador Emma Watson.". Says Wolf Blitzer.

*Crowd starts Clapping*

* The Theater had started clapping as well, mostly the ladies but were really excited to hear Emma's speech.

" Today, we are launching a campaign called HeForShe. I am reaching out to you because we need your help. We want to end gender inequality, and to do this we need everyone involved." Emma says.

" That's right," Ginny comments.

" This is the first campaign of its kind at the UN .We want to try and galvanize as many men and boys as possible to be advocates for change. And we don't just want to talk about it, we want to try to make sure that its tangible. I was appointed as Goodwill Ambassador for UN women six months ago. And the more I've spoken about feminism, the more I have realized that fighting for women's rights has too often become synonymous with man hating" Emma explains.

" That's also True" Hermione says, remembering her experience.

" If there is one thing I know for certain, it is that this has to stop. For the record, feminism by definition is the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities." Emma continues.

* Some of The Boys had never heard the full definition of Feminism so they were keen to listen*

" It is the theory of political, economic, and social equality of the sexes. I started questioning gender-based assumptions a long time ago. When I was eight .I was confused about being called "bossy". Because, I wanted to direct the plays that we would put on for our parents .But the boys were not." Emma emphasizes.

" I remember being in similar Situations" Hermione says as Luna and Ginny Nod in agreement.

" When at fourteen, I started to be sexualized by certain elements of the media. When at fifteen, my girlfriends started dropping out of their beloved sports teams because they didn't want to appear "muscle-y". When I was eighteen, my male friends were unable to express their feelings. I decided that I was a feminist" Emma finishes her reasons.

* Neville started to remember how he was bullied often and made him cry because a male wasn't supposed to express their feelings*.

" It's sad what they did to her," Hermione adds.

" And this seemed uncomplicated to me. But my recent research has shown me that feminism has become an unpopular word. Women are choosing not to identify as feminist. Apparently, I am among the ranks of women whose expressions are seen as too strong Too aggressive, isolating, and anti-men. Unattractive even. Why has the word become such an uncomfortable one?" Emma asks the crowd.

* Minerva nodded in agreement knowing how in older times fi she stated that people would say she hated men or she wants to be a man*.

" I am from Britain and I think it is right that I am paid the same as my male counterparts .I think it is right that I should be able to make decisions about my own body. I think-" Emma is cut off by Applause.