Season 2: Chapter 19

Season 2

Chapter 19

“I am surprised. How did you know?” Unlike his usual playful tone, he is now serious. A smirk escaped from my the corner of my lips.

“Heiden was a little careless.” Hindi ko napigilan ang aking pagkibit-balikat. He clicked his tongue and snorted.

“Oh, that second prince.” Sarkasmo niyang sagot.

“You do not seem to be close to be his accomplice.”

“He doesn’t interest me.” He nonchalantly retorted. Tumaas ang aking kilay at sumingkit ng kaunti ang aking mga mata.

“So I guess you were interested in my Rionsky.” I gave him a glare. A laugh echoed throughout the whole room from him. I did not react in any way because there is nothing funny.

He must be out of his mind,

“You really are funny. He was never yours because he’s mine.” Ako naman ang natawa sa kanyang sinabi. I rolled my eyes.

“Touche.” I went with an unfriendly-looking expression. “Hilda.” Tumaas ang aking boses. As soon as I said that, a figure came in from the other window. It was Hilda in her assassination outfit, an all-black wear and a mask to cover her face. Napangisi ako.

“I can take care of him, my lady.” She said in conviction.

“Of course, he is no match for you since I picked you myself.” My arms folded and looked at Gideon, now fully guarded of Hilda’s appearance.

I bet he was not aware of Hilda’s presence since then. And I know he will not be able to bark anymore and get out from this room.

His expression is now troubled even though it was not that obvious. My eyes squinted.

The outcome of this battle is clear.

“Then, safe travels to the purgatory.” I evilly smirked. Nawala rin ang aking ngisi nang tumalikod na ako. Ruvia followed me with an uninterested expression plastered in her face.

“I will kill you.” I heard Gideon declaring.

Hah, how brazen. He can try that once he kills Hilda. Well, not that he can.

“Not so fast.” Hilda brought out her daggers and went in position. I can feel her smirk under her mask. Her eyes went wide indicating her excitement of the battle. “You won’t be laying a finger on my lady.” A dangerous remark from her.

“Hilda, is it? Let me take a look at your skills.” He retorted. I scoffed before leaving them.

Now eliminating Gideon, it is the others’ turns now.

“Let us go, Ruvia. I need you to work.” I glanced at her. “You are good at sword, is it not?” Tumaas ang kanyang kilay.

“Have you forgotten how we fought with our swords?” Mataray niyang sagot.

“Right.” I sarcastically answered.

I was just testing her. She does not have to be hot-headed. “Then do you know of a gun?”

“A gun?” Her brow raised of curiosity.

“You do not know. How useless. And I thought you were spying hard on Heiden but you do not really know much.” I cannot help clicking my tongue. Ganoon rin siya sa akin. “A sword is enough. You know Kerui Estavio, right? Rionsky’s right hand man.”

“Yes, why do you ask?”

“I expect him to come and get me. If that does not happen, I want you to stay on guard for him.” I explained.

“What? I should protect you?” She crossed her arms of my unbelievable remark.

It is not an exaggeration that she should be. I mean, she is providing me informations and what I need in other way but protecting me with her life is another thing.

“You know that I can kill you right now. Alam ko na ang pinakakinakatakutan mo ay ang mawala ka sa buhay ni Heiden. Else, the other way around.” She went grim of what I said.

I just exposed her weakness, she should really be threatened. No matter how I like her personality, my life comes first.

“Are you threatening me?”

“I have been since then.” Pagpapaalala ko sa sitwasyon namin nang minsan ay nagkatutukan kami ng mga armas.

“Heiden is not easy to kill.” She reminded me.

“But he is killable.” Ani ko.

Fate does not decide what your destiny is. It is yourself. And there is no guarantee that he will not die because even the storyline have changed, what more if the ending? Heiden is definitely not immortal.

“Fine.” I grinned when I saw her rolling her eyes. Masama pa ang tingin niya sa akin ngunit hinayaan ko na lamang. I saw her summoning an assassin of hers and handing her her sword. She unsheathed it from its scabbard.

“Well, I wonder how things are doing at the other side.” I muttered. I am now by myself but Ruvia is taking care of my surroundings as she stays on guard. Davidron appeared in front of me with blood spattered on his armor and sword. He looked at me with a worried expression. Tumango lamang ako sa kanya.

This is where his things shine. Go wild, Davidron.

I just smirked when he started to slay the knights unguarded coming for us. We knew they were under Heiden’s command because of their crest printed on their armors.

“Duchess, please take cover!” A knight of Heiden’s from the side went to me and started to guard me. His sword pointed at Davidron now done killing those all at our front. He now turned at this knight beside me with blank eyes.

“Shut up.” I sighed. My eyes just squinted because of how stupid this knight is.

Either way, he will not be able to win against Davidron.

“Duchess---”

“You are Heiden’s.” I cut his words off. Malamig ko siyang tinignan.

“Y-Yes, duchess.” I saw him gulped when he turned to me, then to Davidron.

“Then do not blame me.” Matamis akong ngumiti at inilabas ang aking itim na espada.

“Wha---” Hindi na niya natapos ang kanyang sasabihin nang nawala na ang kanyang ulo mula sa kanyang katawan. His head fell off and blood spattered at my face. I passed by the falling body and did not pay it attention further.

It sucks that I do not have my handkerchief with me.

Kinagat ko ang aking labi.

Well, nevermind.

“Blame Heiden. I still want to live.” Ngisi ko.

“The duchess slayed one of ours! Stop her!” I looked at the other knights of Heiden who just came that I knew Heiden ordered to protect me. Mapakla akong napatawa. 

It is such a shame for him that he does not know I will be killing his knights who he thought who should be protecting me.

I looked at the one who shouted an order, he is the only one who is now sane of the situation and I commend him for that. Suminghal ako. I was fascinated at the shocked expression of the knights who have watched me kill one of theirs.

“Hmm... this screams blood.” I muttered and licked my lips. “Well, let me have fun.” I chuckled. I started to walk towards them. Not what I expected, they have realized what the situation is and draw their swords against me.

Oh, it seems that they are a bit different from the knight I just killed. But they cannot match up to my level.

“Milady!” I heard my knight. I took off my burdensome cape to feel the fresh air tingling against my skin.

“Stay there, Davidron. I can handle this.” I can heard his silent worries but I went ahead to kill the knight that recklessly came to me. Sunod-sunod na silang sumugod sa akin at hindi gaya ng kanilang inaasahan ay isa-isa silang bumagsak na wala ng buhay. The one who was perfectly sane and in shape was a little bit stronger than those flies but it did not make my breathing ragged.

It was not even called an exercise.

Bumuntong-hininga ako at pinunasan ang dugo na tumalsik sa aking mukha. I went alerted when I noticed a new presence.

“Hello there, my lady.” He has a smirk plastered in his face when I turned to him. I gave him a cold stare as his eyes opened, making me shiver because of his uncomfortable stare. Iwinasiwas ko ang aking espada.

I was right. He really came to me. It was just an speculation and I did not want to assume but I was really right of my assumption.

“Hmm... Ruvia still did not took care of you, Kerui?” I tilted my head. Pagak siyang tumawa. My glare remained. Inosente siyang nakangiti sa akin.

“I am not weak to be stopped by a mere girl, my la---”

“Who... do you said was weak?” He was cut off by the person who appeared behind him. It was Ruvia. She is catching her breathing a bit as there is a little blood in her sword. Ganoon rin ang kanyang mga damit at may mga dugong umaagos na dugo mula sa kanya. Masama niyang tinignan si Kerui.

Hmm... was it too tough for her to face Kerui?

“Oh. You’re still alive?” He snorted. She smirked in retort and glanced at me.

“Leave this to me. Now I have another reason to bury him to hell.” A silent snap from my finger because of what she told me. I glanced at Kerui again.

Should I leave it to her again?

I blinked and looked at Ruvia. She is trying to communicate with me with her eyes full of conviction and confidence. I sighed and turned my back against them. Then I heard their clashing of weapons.

“If you act that cool, I might spare Heiden and give him to you.” I muttered and cannot help but to smirk.

Davidron silently followed me as we stop at the hall where we were celebrating earlier. “They are not here.” My eyes wandered at the blood spilled around the hall and the bodies of the people and knights lying. Wala ang mga prinsipe at ang hari at reyna. I pursed my lips and clicked my tongue.

I ended up straying far following the trail of blood. There I saw the princes fighting with their swords. “How did they come here so far?” I ended up clicking my tongue again.

Well, whatever. “Now they are fighting with the secret weapons.” Ani ko nang makitang nilabas nila ang kani-kanilang mga baril. I saw their surprised faces but became serious then. I sensed a troop coming to our direction and it caught my attention. Davidron went ahead them without a second thought. “Begone.” I muttered as they fell one by one.

“Stop the duchess!” It caught all of our attention when one said that. Pansin ko ang mga tingin sa akin ng dalawang prinsipe ngunit nakatutok ang aking atensiyon sa mga papalapit ulit na mga kawal.

“Flies.” I gritted my teeth as I started to stab the incoming ones to my direction. I heaved a big sigh and ordered Davidron to manhandle the incoming ones and look for the king and queen. Then I turned to the two who were firing guns at each other since then. They seem so expert that they were firing at each other so accurate but they have evaded each bullets. “Oh, you are still up, Heiden?” Malamig ko siyang tinignan.

“I am not that easy to die over a weakling.” He smirked and gave Rionsky a look.

“Stop looking at my queen. I am your opponent.” Rionsky retorted that made me bit my lip a bit.

Good grief, I should not be excited over this. I am at war, I should remember it.

“She is mine.” Heiden scoffed that made my brows knot.

“Stop it. I told you...I am not everyone’s property. If you keep insisting that, I will...really kill you.” Buntong-hininga ko at umirap.

“You prefer him?” He sarcastically said while pointing at Rionsky with his gun. “Fine.” Seryoso niyang sabi.

“What---”

“Sister!” Our attention was caught by Alluis who is worriedly running to our direction.

“Alluis?” Nagsimulang kumabog ang aking dibdib nang mabilis nang makitang papalapit ito sa amin. Flashes of deaths started to come in my mind. Napaawang ang aking labi at napalunok ako.

No. “Stop there!” I grunted. He stopped like I have shouted. I pursed my lips.

I cannot let it happen. It should not.

“Sis---” A loud gunfire made me deaf for a bit. Ang mga sumunod ay ang muntikan nang paghinto ng kabog ng aking dibdib. Heiden just fired his gun at my brother.

“Alluis!” I shouted in adrenaline rush and immediately went to his direction to cover him. In my surprise, my brother is now being covered by a man. I gasped as my hands started to shake. “W-What, Rionsky?” My eyes widened when I saw blood gushing out from his back. Heiden is not contented and fired continuous shots in Rionsky’s back. My teeth gritted so hard that I cannot sanely think. Napalunok ako.

No. It cannot end this way.

I gripped the handle of my sword and deflected the shots coming for Rionsky.

Hindi ko pa naranasang gamitin ang aking espada laban sa isang baril ngunit naiwawala ko naman ang ibang mga direksiyon ng ibang mga bala.

I winced when a bullet pierced my shoulder. Still, I did not mind of it. Heiden stopped. From here, I can still see his nasty glare and knotted brows. Napatingin ako kay Rionsky na napatingin na sa akin.

“I-I’m fine, my queen. It is just a scratch.” He avoided my eyes. I bit my lip as I glare at him.

“You fool.” Mapait kong sabi.

Still, he saved Alluis and I am thankful for that. I thought I will be losing another of my family. “Thank you.” Tipid kong sabi.

Why did my brother came here alone, anyway? And how did he find me? Why are there no knights of di Vonce with him?

I silently clicked my tongue.

Useless!

I turned back to Heiden. “Did you just tried to kill my brother?” I coldly said.

“That is quite a look you got there.” He said in sarcasm.

“I thought you said you like me, but how dare you point that weapon at my family?” I gulped.

“I was serious of my feelings.” He said in seriousness and sincerity.

“Whether you are serious or not, you hurt one of my people. My brother.” Diin ko. I pointed the sword at him. “You should pay the price.” Agad akong sumugod sa kanya. I slashed my sword in his chest but took a step back and avoided it. Sa inis ko ay iwinasiwas ko muli ito sa kanya at naiwasan ulit niya ito.

I never thought I would be feeling anger again. It is not that much when Alluis was about to be shot but when Rionsky took the shots for him, I felt like every pieces of me started to fall. It is rising, my anger.

Ngumitngit ako dahil sa kaunti akong naguguluhan.

That fool, why did he even save my brother with his body, anyway? Is he not thinking of the risks?

I snorted when I felt my face darkening of the unfamiliar emotions I am feeling.

Damn, I am so confused.

“You are good.” Heiden smirked that pulled me to realization. I realized I was dozing to my thoughts while in battle.

I need to get Rionsky off my mind for a bit.

Umatras ako ng kaunti upang humugot ng hininga.

“Fins!” An unexpected person came and shouted. It caught our attention. Her snowy hair sparkled and immediately recognized who it is. My eyes squinted. I grinned.

Fins must be Snow’s pet name for Heiden.

Napatingin ako sa aking kapatid at kay Rionsky. There is a new troop of Heiden’s again that is battling with Rionsky while protecting my brother.

I scoffed.

Bakit ang daming mga kawal ni Heiden? And why do they keep coming here? It is not like there is a person giving information from the outside.

I clicked my tongue for the nth time. I smirked of the thought that instinctively came to me.

Whilst it is evil and not fair, this may make him surrender.

I immediately went to Snow and pointed my sword at her, making her my hostage. Lumikod ako at idinampi ang espada sa kanyang leeg. Ngumisi ako sa pangalawang prinsipe na nakatingin lamang sa akin. I can feel Snow’s quiver as the sword is pointing at her neck.

“Stop there, Heiden.” Idiniin ko ang espada sa kanyang leeg. A little amount of blood spilled from her fair skin.

Her beauty is a shame since she will just die, anyway. “Or I will kill her.”

“W-What are you doing, duchess?” Snow stuttered but she acted unfrightened. Suminghal lamang ako.

“Shut up. You are my hostage.” Malamig kong ani dito.

“This is not fair.” She said.

“There was never a fair battle. There will never be.” I sweetly smiled at her. “Well, Heiden. Why not throwing away your weapons first?”

“That...” I heard his sigh. “...won’t work.” Napakunot ako sa kanyang sinabi.

“You must be jesting. Sinasabi mo ba na wala ka ng pakialam sa kanya?” I scoffed.

Even if he casted her aside, there must a little bit of affection or care for her. I mean, is he not the male lead? The male lead always saves the female lead at the end of the day.

“Duchess, it is you that he now loves.” Snow muttered in bitterness.

“I said shut up.” Asik ko.

“Please listen to me. He---the second prince really loves you. It doesn’t make sense for you to be in a battle.” Pagsusumamo nito sa akin.

“You talk much...for someone who does not know anything.” Ibinuwelta ko pa ang espada bago siya sinaksak sa kanyang dibdib mula sa likuran. She coughed up much blood. Mas lalo ko pang idiniin ang espada sa kanyang puso bago ito tinanggal. She miserably fell on the ground. Isang malamig na tingin lamang ang ipinukol ko sa kanya.

It did not take me a lot of courage to kill her since we were not close to begin with. I may have interacted with her in the past but that is all because I just need her just for my sake. Still, she is also useless. She just wasted my time.

“I told you, it won’t work on me.” Pagtawag sa akin ng atensiyon ni Heiden at nagsimulang lumapit sa akin.

“You madman...you really...?” My fists balled. I looked at Rionsky who is still battling with high-ranking knights. Add his injuries and wounds that makes it hard to move at all. I pursed my lips.

He is already having a hard time. I have to finish this and treat him to a royal doctor.

I gritted my teeth and turned to Heiden. “It does not matter.” Napailing ako.

“Just surrender to me. I promise my all to you.” I can feel his sincerity but it went to nothing. He just tried to do something against me.

“No.” Mariin kong ani bago sinugod siya ulit. Our swords clashed and now’s exchanging of blows is more long than before. Nakalapit kami sa bangin. I swung my sword in his chest but he evaded it. I was about to cut his head when he handled my sword coming to him with just his hand. Kaunting namilog ang aking mga mata sa kanyang ginawa at ipinilit iyon sa kanya. He just stared at me with his brown eyes.

What is he doing? He can kill me by his sword in his other hand. Why is he not doing anything and still staring at me?

“What is wrong? You cannot kill me?” I snorted and a smirk escaped from the side of my lips.

“How can I kill you?” His grip tightened in my sword and more blood came out from his hand. Instead of getting away from me, he leaned closer to me. We are an inch apart from each other and I can feel his hot breath against my skin that made me spine tingle and heartbeat fast at the same time.

What is he planning to do? “If you don’t want me, I just have to make you mine.” He whispered and smirked. The next scene made my mind blank when his lips claimed mine. Talagang namilog ang aking mga mata at nabitawan ko ang aking hawak na espada. I tried to get off from him but he deepened the kiss. I can feel his unchanging smirk between our lips as his hand traveled to my waist. I was feeling all confused until we started to fall in the cliff.

This crazy prince! I just remembered that I cannot swim at all!

“Arisia!” I heard Rionsky before falling at the rumbling waves. Napapikit ako. I tried to swim upwards but Heiden got ahold of me, stopping me from breathing air. Struggling from him, I started to lose energy as I felt my consciousness fade away.

Damn it. Why is he doing this to me, his villainess?