Season 2: Chapter 1

Season 2

Chapter 1

Autumn, a perfect season for the knights to come back from the war. Of course, this is known to all the people of the kingdom of Ronschwald. A welcoming parade is even meticulously and grandly prepared for the princes that are coming back. A banquet and a ball that is open for the nobilities to celebrate their warm comeback and for the victorious result of the war. As what the story foretold, the war was won by our side through a good-planned way and their amazing tactics. Of course, it was not just the brains but also their formations and own techniques. Well, I know most of all was devised by the crown prince.

I closed the book I just finished reading. Tinanggal ko ang aking salamin. I put those in the table. I stood up and went closer to the opened window. The soft wind passed by as I gaze at the leaves falling. I extended my arm and it caught one of the leaves.

“My lady.” Hilda went in. She poured a warm tea on the teacup and gave it to me. I let go of the leaf. Marahan kong kinuha ang tasa ng tsaa at hinintay na mawala ang init bago sumipsip.

“Yes.” The sweet flavor of the Darjeeling tea was engraved in the deep of my brain. Napangisi ako. “Today is the day, huh?” I gently flipped my hair and heaved a deep sigh.

“My lady is excited.” She remarked.

“Well...” Why would I not be? Today is the day he will come back.

Hindi ko napigilan ang aking ngisi.

Truly, I look forward for his adorable reactions when I tease him. I kind of missed it. How I wish he would come here sooner.

It was a bright weather for this day as if it was looking forward to greet the knights. The familiar people sitting at the sofa in the living room were the ones I expected that would come. I forced a smile.

“Father, Alluis.” They looked at me. Father nodded while Alluis went to me and gave me a hug.

I still am surprised of his rapid growth. He is now taller than an average seven year-old kid. Still, he is cute and always the doting brother.

Napatingin ako kay Ama.

His old age is definitely lying when it comes to his looks. It is as if he is still in his prime. He became thinner but it was not obvious with the heavy and large armor he is wearing.

I glanced at the man across them. “Lorves came, too.” He quietly nodded.

He is still the same as ever.

My hand went to my lips.

Is it just me or he became more like the appealing, gentle duke protagonist from a story? “Give them refreshments.” Hilda did my order and flawlessly served them.

“Thank you, Sister.” Alluis’ eyes twinkled when Hilda gave her a sweet drink. Ngumiti lamang ako sa kanya. He quietly finished it.

“You can go play with Lorves.” I suggested. “Right, Lorves?” My eyes squinted at him. Tumabingi siya at nakuha ang ibig kong sabihin.

“Sure.” He stood up with his arms folded.

I noticed that he became attached to my brother and that he adores him. They have a lot of catching to do.

They were gone from my sight then. Father and I are the only ones left. He gracefully sipped the tea Hilda brewed. Kumurap ako nang hindi niya pa tinanggal ang kanyang suot na armas.

It bothers me since I know it is heavy and it may give a lot of stress to his body. How long is he going to wear that heavy armor?

“How have you been, Father?” I forced a smile.

“Mmm... it was fine.” He crossed his legs.

“I see. You frequently sent me letters so I was quite worried.”

“Forgive me for that.” He blinked.

“You do not need to worry about that, Father. Either way is fine as long as you are safe.” Tango ko. “By the way, did you come here with Lorves, Father?” Tumaas ang kanyang tingin sa akin. He heaved a small sigh.

“Yes.”

“Will it not cause any problems?” Napatabingi ako. I licked my lips.

“It will be fine. It is not such a big deal.” He calmly retorted. Pasimpleng sumingkit ang aking mga mata.

Until now, I still cannot figure out Father’s true intentions. He is mysterious and some informations about him are well-hidden. Hilda cannot even look deeper in it. His butler, Joaquim, is such a talented person. Thinking about it, he is the one who manages the household whenever some circumstances arises. Just what are they hiding?

“I see. Then---”

“It seems like I have to go.” He cut my words. He silently placed the teacup on top of the table. Tumayo siya.

“Already? Ngunit kararating niyo lang dito.”

“Something came up. I will leave Alluis here to spend time with you. A carriage will arrive here at noon to pick him up.”

“I see. Then be safe, Father.” Tumango ako. I quietly eyed at him while sipping on my tea. I tried to avoid not having suspicions of his actions. He shortly left without saying notice for my brother. Alluis and Lorves came back after that. Sinabi ko sa kanya ang bilin ni Ama. He was not bothered by it. He played with us until noon arrived. As what Father said, a carriage with di Vonce knights arrived to send him back to the estate.

“I want to spend more time with Sister.” Ngumuso ang aking kapatid. He tightly hugged my waist. Isiniksik niya ang kanyang ulo sa akin. I patted his head.

“Do not be sad, Alluis. You can still come here anytime. You should spend more time with your friends.”

“Ngunit wala akong mga kaibigan.” My brow rose of what he retorted.

“Really?” Ngumisi ako. “I heard a kid has been snooping around you, though.” I teased. Namilog ng kaunti ang kanyang mga mata at ipinakita ang disgusto.

“That... she’s not my friend. She’s annoying and clingy. I don’t like her.” He groaned.

I just found out lately that a kid his age have been hanging around him lately. I heard from Hilda that he avoids her though and he is always showing his disinterest to her but the other kid is just persistent. Hilda said the other kid is well known to the society and that people adores her. Alluis is different so I guess he piqued her interest.  

“Alluis.” I gave her a frightening smile. Ilang beses siyang kumurap bago bumaba ang mga mata.

“I’ll go.” There were no further complaints from him after that and he silently went home. Bumuntong-hininga ako nang makaupo ako sa harap ng upuan ni Lorves. I thought I saw him snorted with a smirk on his face. Nang tumingin ulit ako ay blanko ang kanyang ekspresiyon. Napatabingi ako.

Was it my imagination?

“Well, then. It has been three years, Lorves.”

“Yeah, it is.” He nodded. His gaze met mine. When I deeply looked at it, his eyes are smiling. I mentally scoffed.

He is sometimes cute.

“I am always grateful about your letters.” We were pen pals during the war. We mostly talked about the situation there but most of all were about the crown prince. Hindi naman ako sumusulat sa prinsipe dahil nais ko ang mas personal kaysa sa mga sulatin. He,too, did not write me letters or even asked how I was doing. It made me doubt if he really loves me. “What is wrong?” Tanong ko nang umiwas siya ng tingin. I heard his small sigh.

“You always ask for the crown prince in the letters. Do you... like him?” He tilted his head. His eyes went through me. Kumurap lamang ako at kaunting suminghal.

“I do not know.” Ngisi ko.

“Then...” Napahawak ako sa aking mukha nang may bumuong ngiti sa kanyang mga labi.

Him smiling is cheating. I thought my heart stopped for a bit. “...how about me?”

“As usual, you are straight-forward. You like me? As in romantically speaking?” I forced a smile and acted ignorant about it.

Oh, well, what do we have here? Why would he like me? How did he even like me and when did it even start?

My lips formed a straight line.

This is the second time I was confessed. What is the appropriate answer for it again?

“Yes.”

“Lor---”

“I can do anything for you.” He interrupted.

“What---”

“I can protect you. I can treat you very well with care. I will visit you everyday and shower you and shower you affection. If it was me, I will do anything you say. You will be my one and only lady, Arisia.” He gently said, Lumunok lamang ako at binasa ang mga labi.

What am I hearing right now? Is he really Lorves? So he can say such sweet words, huh?

I mentally sighed.

Unfortunately, those words and actions are wasted for me.

“Wait, Lorves.” I bit the inside of my cheeks. “I appreciate it, really, but that is not the case.” For now, I should play it smooth. “Even if you confess many times, I have no desire to become your beloved.” Kalamado kong sagot.

“Arisia.” I felt his gloomy aura.

Good grief, why am I not guilty about it? I am breaking such an innocent heart.

“You are fine. If I was some other lady, I would have love you, too. That is not who I am. Itinuturing na lamang kita bilang aking tunay na kaibigan.”

“Am I... not enough?” He asked in monotone.

It might just be me but I thought he is being emotional.

Palihim akong napairap.

Well, of course he would be emotional about it. This is the right time to be.

“No. You are. The one who has a problem is me. I am not the one for you.” I hid my awkwardness in a chuckle.

“I---” Tumaas ang kamay ko para pigilan siya sa pagsasalita.

“To put it simply, you are not my type.” Sumingkit ang aking mga mata nang pilit akong ngumiti. Napatigil siya. His eyes depicted sorrow.

“Is that so? Is it because of the crown prince?” Mahina niyang tanong.

“Why do you say that?” He became quiet for a while then he smiled a bit.

“I would be dumb if I cannot even notice it.”

“What?” Kumunot ang aking noo.

“You can soon see it for yourself.” Tumayo siya. He wore his beige coat. “I am rooting for you. Please do not forget that I will always help you.” As expected of Lorves, he is calm about it even though in an awkward situation.

“Lorves.”

“I have to go.” He gave out a nod.

“Are you not going to stay here for dinner?”

“I just got rejected. How can I casually have dinner by the one who rejected me? You’re mean.” Nabigla pa ako ng bigla siyang ngumuso. He snorted and crossed his arms.

“T-True.” I cleared my throat. A smirk rose from the side of his lips. Ilang beseskaong napakurap sa kanyang inakto.

“I am kidding. I can just move on.” He quietly left.

So he sometimes kids, too?

“Such a shame.” Sumulpot si Hilda sa aking tabi. May ngiti sa kanyang mukha.

She seems to be in a good mood. Something good must have happened.

“Hilda.” I blurted out.

“Makakahanap rin siya ng kanyang kapareha.” I tilted my head. I almost fell the teacup I am holding because of what she said.

Why does it sounds like she is a saint?

I did not hid my grimace at her. Inosente lamang siyang ngumiti.

Hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala. It seems like some things have changed without me knowing. I am the only one who have not gone through a change.

“It sounds strange when you say that. Creepy.” I placed the teacup on top of the table. Dumekwatro ako at isinandal ang aking mukha sa aking kamay.

“Surely you jest, my lady. I am just being sympathetic.” She said with a soft voice. Her expression also said it. Pumunta pa ang kanyang kamay sa kanyang dibdib. It also seemed real just now. She even emitted a bright aura.

This is really getting creepy.

“Says the one who hates men.”

“People change, my lady. I am who I am thanks to Davidron. Men are not so bad after all.” She said. My lips formed a straight line. Hindi pa rin ako komportable sa nangyayari sa aking paligid. It seemed strange for me but at the same time, it is also nostalgic.

“As long as you are happy.” I let out a scoff. “Well? How was it?” My eyes squinted.

“How was what, my lady?” She tilted her head.

“Are you acting innocent? Alam mo ang ibig kong sabihin.” Kumurap pa siya bago naintindihan ang aking sinabi. She roamed her eyes around the surrounding before coming closer to me.

“He is so damn good.” She whispered as her face flushed a little. My hand went to my lips.

“The size is what matters.”

“He is this big.” I coughed of what she said. She showed her elbow until her wrist. My face felt hot.

Good grief, how big is that?

“F-For real?” Hindi ko napigilang mapaiwas ng tingin.

“It was heaven.” Mahina niyang sambit. Pumikit pa siya at kinagat ang labi.

Davidron and Hilda became official a month ago. I do not know the details since I did not asked about it but good for her, they are now in a real relationship. Well, I would be lying if I said I was not irked. I mean, I am so damn jealous that I wished I can experience nirvana. One with benefits is enough, I do not need a lover.

I heaved a sigh of what I was thinking. I took outside until the second prince’s territory until dusk. The night came and I just ate a simple dinner. I washed up myself and excused Hilda so she can savor her lover time with Davidron.

Honestly speaking, I might not look like it but I am actually considerate. I am not strict to break a couple’s precious bond.

I covered myself with a thin, black robe and stood up from the bathtub. Nang pupunta ako sa aking kama ay biglang bumukas ang bintana at umihip ng hangin. A man covered in royal red clothes appeared before me. Napa-atras ako. I smelled a familiar scent and easily identified who it is. My lips pressed against each other. The green coat he wore swayed as the wind blew. Tila bumagal ang takbo ng oras.

“You surprise me.” Lumunok ako. He slowly went closer to me as the light of the moon passing through the window illuminate him. Namilog nang kaunti ang aking mga mata sa kanyang pinagbago.

He has become more bulk but his waist is still slim but not as before. His muscles also became more evident and he became taller. Not only that, his face has matured. A sharp, visible jawline, a gorgeously jaw-dropping face. It seems like he has not cut his silky, green hair. That is be-fittable for me since I like his long hair. Most of all, it seems like his personality has also changed.

Banayad niya akong tinitigan. His gentle, seductive eyes are penetrating, making me melt through my knees. I am feeling a churning sensation in my stomach and my heartbeat is so loud and fast. Umiinit ang aking mukha. He chuckled an unforgettable one and it sounded sexy. Nanatili ang kanyang ngiti sa kanyang mukha. Hindi ko napaigilang takpan ang aking mukha.

Why did Hilda not inform me of his arrival? Dapat ay alam niya ito dahil magaling siya. On second thought, maybe he is now more skilled than her? Kaya hindi siya namataan ni Hilda?

Binasa ko ang aking mga labi. I bit my lower lip.

“I missed you, Arisia.” Malawak siyang ngumiti at sumingkit ang kanyang mga mata. Tears suddenly rolled down from his eyes, making his beautiful face more wonderful. He pursed his lips. His actions surprised me but what surprised me the most is that he suddenly pulled me closer. His cold arms entrapped my waist so tight that I cannot move an inch. Namilog ang aking mga mata.

W-Who is this man? The crown prince, Rionsky I know is not bold to do this!

---

😍