Season 1: Chapter 1

Season 1: Chapter 1

“Please wrap it.” Abot ko sa cashier ng bookstore ang hawak kong libro at isang libo. She smiled at me and then wrapped it with a paper bag, tsaka iniabot sa akin.

“That’s three-hundred ninety-nine pesos. Here’s the change, six-hundred one. Thank you and come back again.” The cashier cheerfully said.

How noisy.

I pursed my lips of how loud her voice is and took my things back in a hurry. I snorted quietly and went back to my apartment which is a few meters away from here.

Mabilis kong isinara ang pinto at huminga ng maluwag saka humilamos.

Today is so hot that I can’t stand it. If only this damn apartment had an air con, or at least an electric fan. I wouldn’t be suffering right now. Damn, rich people that I wish I am one.

“Hah!” I grunted and lay on my bed. Hurriedly opened my newly bought book, I smirked.

Looks like I will be sleeping at dawn, huh?

How Snow Loves is the title of the book I am reading. It has become quite popular a few months ago before it was not in a book. I have read the first few chapters from my phone but that’s it and I can’t buy the next chapters anymore. Thankfully, it has a book and been reproduced.

The story begins when the heroine, Snow Arbella, moves into the Capital of Ronschwald, a prosperous country. Hoping for a new life, she found a job as a florist. Then one day while loitering around, she stumbles upon hoodlums and was sold as a slave. Thankfully, she was saved by a man and those slave traders and the collaborators were punished. For the man, Heiden, it was love at first sight.

Napangisi ako.

Typical male lead.

There were no other potential male leads at all because Heiden kills those preying men who goes near Snow without batting an eye. In short, he’s the possessive and jealous type, a yandere.

The book was mostly talking about politics wherein the second prince dethrones the crown prince becoming king and taking the crown with the help of the queen and some nobles. And of course, it was revealed that Heiden’s identity is the second prince. Snow founds out about this and helps him as she is also in love with him.

Isinara ko muna ang libro at tumayo para mag-stretch.

It has somewhat become boring in the second arc because of the damn confusing politics.

Done exhaling hard, I looked at the clock. t’s 5:26 AM and I am damn hungry.

Tatapusin ko na lang mamaya ang libro.

Lumabas muna ako para pumunta sa malapit na convenience store nang biglang may bumangga sa akin. It was a hooded man glaring at me with those bloodshot eyes.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was an addict.

I felt dizzy when I was about to walk again. I gasped in exhilarating pain. Bumaba ang tingin ko at namilog ang mga mata nang makitang may nakasaksak na kutsilyo sa aking tiyan.

“What...” Blood gushed down through my feet. I gulped.

It was that man!

Muli akong napatingin sa lalake at nakangisi ito. Ipinagsawalang-bahala ako nito at unti-unting lumayo sa paningin ko. My vision became blurry as I fell with l loaded questions.

Who was that and why did he do this to me? Is it someone with a heavy grudge against me? Damn it! I don’t even fucking know!

I arced in pain and coughed up blood. Napasinghal ako sa init.

Am I gonna die here in heat? No, I hate it. It’s too hot. I feel like my body is burning. I don’t want to die like this. At least let me have my share of true romance before I die!

Nanginig ako.

“Fuck...” Is what I have mumbled before losing my consciousness.

The first thing I saw after I woke up is the white ceiling. Following that is that chirping of the birds outside and the some fussy women in maid outfits holding me. I blinked twice.

Wait, what? They’re holding me?

I struggled but to no avail, I didn’t seem to have that strength.

“The young lady is so energetic. Mukhang magiging masiglahin siya paglaki.” This old woman said as she look at me with those gentle eyes.

What’s wrong with her? Why is she looking at me like that? It’s infuriating how a stranger looks at me with those eyes. It is as if she really cares for me.

The cosplaying maids giggled. I exhaled. Bumaba ang mga mata ko at tumambad ang pares ng mga maliliit na kamay.

Is this mine?

I closed and opened it to confirm it.

It is really mine.

Napabuntong-hininga ako.

Now, I see. This must be a second life given to me. A reincarnation. If not, then what would be it?

I like shoujo mangas with reincarnation stuffs like this. This doesn’t even fazes me as I am not the type to just panic and scream. Katulad na lamang noong nasaksak ako, it took me a while to realize that I was stabbed and in pain. I am used of pain, physically, since I am always hurt physically in some accidents throughout my years of living in my past life. I think I might even be a masochist.

I mentally scoffed.

“The duke and duchess are here!” One of the maids shouted. The noises and fusses were gone in a blink of an eye. I can’t see what’s entirely happening since I can only look up in the ceiling. But I know that I am in a historical era.

“My little Arisia.” A beautiful woman hugged me. She is a beautiful one and she screams of elegance and nobility.

She must be the duchess, my mother. How exquisite.

Sa likod niya ay ang lalakeng kasama niya. This handsome man in his thirties must be my father since like my mother, he also emits the vibe of a respected noble. Aside from that, the maids beside him are quivering. It must be because of his intimidating aura. I can even see it beside him.

Napangisi ako.

It is really true that good-looking faces are one of the happiness in the world. I feel so pure now that I’ve seen their faces. Cheers to the handsome and pretty faces that I could die again!

“Look, Aurelio. Our little Arisia is smiling! Isn’t she cute?” My mother exclaimed with her twinkling eyes. Ngumiti ito. I was awe-strucked because of it.

Damn, my mother is beautiful!

Iniwas ko ang tingin mula sa kanyang berdeeng mga mata at dumako ito sa aking ama. He still looks at me with those blue, cold eyes even though I’m his daughter. Nonetheless, I can feel his caring gaze beside those.

“Hmm...” Tanging sagot niya lang at ngumisi sa aking ina. I pursed my lips.

“What’s with the cold answer?” Mother pouted her seductive lips. Meanwhile, a knock from the door caught my father’s attention and my mother seems to still be doting on me.

“Soleia, something came up. I have to go.” Father said and gave a peck to my mother’s forehead. She just tsked and shooed him away, still babysitting me.

“Don’t mind your father as he is a very busy person, Arisia.” She crunched her pointed nose. “Arisia di Vonce, that is your full name, little one.” Indeed, my name is beautiful but also quite familiar. Or is it just me?

I mentally chuckled.

Putting that aside, I will surely lavish this rich life.